Drowning and Afterlife

I've been wondering for awhile what afterlife is going be like or is like...

I was supposed to be drowing myself in the pond outside at the moment but then my dad just woke up and came to ask me why I'm up so early. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm not even sure why I'm alive. I wasn't supposed to live through the night.

I tried drowning myself in a pail last night but never had the courage to go on. The pond might be able to give me a better feel of my surroundings.

For some reasons last night, for some part of me still wants to live... but I shouldn't desire life anymore, should I?

Don't tell me that my parents care or something because if I care for them, it'd be better to release myself from the confines of a body. Many problems has eventually lead me to this. Actually I was supposed to drown myself yesterday.

Drowning is painful but i don't have other less painful ways. Most of the tools aren't available to me.

Please advise, I have very little time left before everyone wakes up and I have to go to school. Contemplated jumping from the school building before but that might be more painful.

Hates school

i think that in some manner, your answer is in your signature. there is no right answer in life. but it is our job to live life to the fullest. if you kill yourself now. you will fail to achieve your fullest potential. and i appologize but if ou could, please name some of your problems, because i would love to talk them over with you. hope to hear back from you.

-travis

Hi Tough_girl,

You've already made the first step to getting back on your feet by coming here; now we need to know what problems you face so we can offer advice on how to better your life; rather than end it.

One thing I do know is - whatever it is, there are ways to rectify it. No problem is so insurmountable that it has to be 'solved' by death.

You've got my attention, now I need your input.

You can PM me, and my AIM address is also supplied.

Take Care and don't do anything that you can't take back.

t-rav, what you said about my signature gave me the creeps. I haven't noticed it for a very long time now.

Unfortunately,some lives have to come to an end someday. What's afterlife like? Can someone point me in the correct direction or give me some links about afterlife?

Most of my problems have to do with my school and future. My..my parents aren't really happy with me hating school so much and me seeking an alternative. They've been pushing me to limits of my tempers this days, I feel I can no longer take it. I don't think I can last one more month, let alone the rest of my life.

My life has become so unmeaningful... I have to go to school in about 1 and 1/2 hours time and I seriously don't wanna jump from that building I'm studying in. If I'm going to drown myself, I'd better do it fast, I don't have much time so please tell me about the afterlife stuff. Don't worry about helping me, it's nothing wrong. Everybody has their own reasons.

no matter what way you decide on taking your own life, it will be painful, maybe not to you, but the effects will ripple through the lives of everybody you know. There is nothing to be gained by ending your existence, only things to lose.

If you think about it, if there is no afterlife (because nobody knows for 100%, they can only have faith), when you die you cease to exist, think, or feel. Explain the happiness in that. At least in life you can go and do the things that make you happy.

if there are people or things that make you unhappy then you need to get away from those things (if its your parents, dont run away, you will just cause problems for yourself), find the things that make you happy, and do them, the things that no matter what else is happening will always clear your mind, and bring joy to your heart

I once went through a time in my life when i wanted to end my life, but after talking to people, and seeing what the world really had to offer me, i felt like i wanted nothing more then to live my life until i became old a grey, and i still feel like that to this day. I just kept telling my self that there was a light at the end of the tunnel of complete darkness, and sure enough i soon began to see it.

I hope and will pray for you to get past this, and see that life is truly worth living.

If you feel like talking more about this you can e-mail me at

email removed (I also have msn messenger)

if it is the afterlife that your questions seek, i will inform you of my thoughts. i believe that god created us, not multiple gods, and not any idea. i believe in the god of the hebrew bible. the god who sacrificed his son, that we, the wretches of the earth, would choose to believe in him. and so we might be saved from eternal torment in the fiery pits of hell (ignore my signature plz), but instead (THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART) we would believe on Jesus Christ, the author and foundation of my faith to live in paradise (heaven). plz, dont kill yourself, at least further consider my words. if you die, and suppose that i might be right (hypothetical), you would be sending yourself straight to hell!!!! (yikes!!!!!!). plz take my following offer: email me at "trl4371@link removed" i would be glad to give you some references to look up if you could find a bible. just think. what do you have to loose. live one day longer in order that you may find a way out? im not garanteeing you a solution, i am however offering you the key to a way of dealing with your worldly issues, and spiritual.

-travis

Well here is what my mom says about the afterlife. She had an out of body experience and asked questions during it one had to do with suicides. God is very distant towards those who commit suicide she said. We've agreed to come here for specific reasons and when we end it prematurely it creates problems for numerous souls. She was led to a room that was devoid of God's loving light (she wanted out immediately it was awful). Those souls are left to feel all the pain their death has inflicted on others and remain there until they reach the time when they were supposed to die (either via accident or natural causes). Suicide is really not the answer. It doesn't mean I haven't contimplated it myself, but it sounds to me like your soul or higher self is very against you ending things (that is why your dad woke). You really should seek counseling and/or medication to help you through this period.

i believe very strictly what the bible says, and i dont try to bend what it says. i also believe that gods greatest gift is his son. his son was a representation of his love and care for us. if someone forgives someone else for doing something wrong by them, that does not mend the relationship. forgiveness can be achieved, but a mending of a relationship requires an apology, then the love can be further expressed. but, we as sinners (the human race) must have a relationship with god before it can be mended, and the only way to start a relationship with him is through salvation in Jesus Christ. and i also feel that there is no measure of how sinful an act is. i think that murder is no more serious than stealing, not to bring down the seriousness of murder, but to raise the seriousness of stealing. a sin is a sin. there is no white lie. a lie is a lie. granted, there are some things that can be argued, but i am firm in my foundation. hope to hear from you soon.

-travis

Jetta hit the nail right on the head (i am a christian but i tried to stay neutral in my earlier post) God has given us a gift, the gift of life, now think of it this way, if you found something that you thought would be perfict for a loved one, a gift like no other, one that you were increadibly happy about and couldnt wait to give to the person, then, as soon as they see it they say they hate it and that they were happier not having had it, and they either throw it out or give it back to you, i would only assume that you would be hurt, and would want to be distant. that is essentially what happens when you commit suicide, you are throwing that precious gift back in Gods face. As you said about forgiveness, you have to ask for forgiveness after the act has been commited, but before you life ends (hence the last rights that are read to people who are dieing of natural causes but arent dead yet) Suicide is the only mortal sin that cannot be repented for. thereforeeee you go to hell for it

i am not certain that suicide means you go to hell, i am however sure that you will go to hell without trusting in christ. he is the key to (as you inquire) the afterlife. the bible says that after defeating death, jesus was given the keys to death and hades (hell). please further consider these words. the guidelines have been set up. what youre going through right now is nothing compared to the pain of hell.

-travis

If you like to read and really want some sort of idea what afterlife is like, read Syliva Brownes books. Let me just say this I use to have a really tough time believing in god and afterlife and all that stuff, but after reading two of her books I have really come to believe that there is an afterlife.

As far as suicide goes, it's never a good thing to end your own life. In her one book she says that someone who commits suicide is breaking the ultimate contract with god. She also talks about there being no such thing as hell but instead people who do bad things go through what she calls "The Left Door" which means your spirit goes into another womb and you are born again to learn from your experiences. I'm not trying to offend anyones beliefs I am just stating what I have read and feel is a really comforting thing to believe in. Remember Today is like a gift, thats why they call it the present!!

I'm sorry to hear you're having tough times but dont give up on life everyone has a purpose and that main purpose is to learn, We never really die our spirits live forever and make up a contract with God, no person can read their own contract not even psychics but everything that is written in your contract has it's purpose for you to learn.

I hope I in someway have helped, and like I suggested earlier if you want an idea about the afterlife and you like to read I suggest looking up some books from Sylvia Browne who is a renown psychic. I've been through my own rough patches and contimplated suicide before and never have I felt more good about life since I've read her books. Good luck and never give up!!!

I hope that you are still out there and are reconsidering ending your life. There's many times that I do and have considered ending mine. Many times it seems that I am not loved, nothing goes my way, feel lonely and desperate, and out of control about things, hopeless, and helpless, etc. However, I'm sure any method of ending one's life is painful. I strongly encourage you to think of an alternative, another way to escape your pain. Counseling would probably be healthy for you. I'm sure you are feeling all of those things that I feel when I'm depressed about my life. I'm sure if you had someone to confide in and felt like you had other options in your life, then things would be okay. Feel free to PM if you want to talk about anything specific.

Jetta, that's an interesting near death experience that your mother had. I've met someone who had a near death experience and I find them fascinating.

And I thought god's greatest gift is forgiveness... Taking one's life isn't that sinful....

You don't believe taking your life is a sin....and that god's greatest gift is forgiveness? I thought his greatest gift was life...you only have one, and you're giving in on it. I'd call that a sin, in the idea that you're destroying the best thing god can give you...no matter what your religion is.

wouldnt you be pretty upset to meet your maker and had to tell him/her that you killed yourself? i look at this way, my friend has been in so many wrecks & suicidle, and the maker hasnt killed him yet? maybe your are scared to kill yourself b/c the maker is telling he wants you to stay b/c he has somethin planned for you. when it is your time to leave this earth he will decide your faith. how old r u? if your old enough why not move out and into a friends house? i mean you can get away from your problems if you will take the time to brainstorm.

your choice is your choice, do what you go to do, but listen to what i said

Most of my problems have to do with my school and future. My..my parents aren't really happy with me hating school so much and me seeking an alternative. They've been pushing me to limits of my tempers this days, I feel I can no longer take it. I don't think I can last one more month, let alone the rest of my life.

School is such a small part of your life. If you live to 80 years old, scholl represents a period of about 10% of your life and about 3.5% of you actual time on the planet.

Try and put the problem into some perspective.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...