Our families wouldnt approve

Alright, in my other posts ive mentioned a guy i am dating who is LIKE family to me. His mom is dating my uncle, so hes not technically related to me, and they will never get married. they have been dating over 20 yrs, so i have known my boyfriend all my life. I mentioned that we "got together" one night when he was drunk..then he made it clear that it wasnt because he was drunk..it was cause hes always liked me and now we are seeing eachother and its getting serious pretty fast because weve known eachother our entire lives.

The problem is..its killing us to have to sneak around and see eachother. its just..we dont know how to tell his mom or my sister(who is my guardian by the way). We know they would absolutely hate this and wouldnt approve. How they feel wont change "us" but we want them to know. How do i tell our family that me and my boyfriend are dating?

Are you close with your sister? Maybe you can just take her aside first and let her know what's going on. Tell her that her opinion means alot to you and that you could really use her support. See what she says. How long have you been dating him? How old is your sister?

Is your bf a nice guy? Does he treat you right?

me and my sister, who is 29, arent as close as we were when we were younger. ever since our parents died and she became my guardian things have gotten a little weird between us but we still get along well. we have been dating about 3 weeks or so..but like i said its as if weve been dating forever. hes the sweetest guy ive ever met, i mean, ive seriously never felt more comfortable and relaxed with any guy before.

I've tried a few times in the past few days..i casually bring him up in a conversation when we are alone..and i almost tell her..then i chicken out. i dont know what her reaction will be..and im not exactly sure what i wanna say to her..i dont wanna just come out and be like..megan, im dating kyle... ..i cant find the right words

Why not just come out and say something like,

"Meghan, I want to tell you something and I've been afraid to, because I don't want you to judge me or think badly of me, and it's important to me that I have your support on this. I have been dating Kyle for a few weeks. We really care about each other and he is treating me well, and we'd like to let our families know so that we don't have to hide it. I'm really happy with him and I hope that you will be happy for us."

(btw, did you find out if you were pregnant or not?? Would it be with Kyle? )

thanks! thats good, ill try somethin along the lines of that.. now i gotta get the guts to say it all! ill try...

i took the test..but i know it was too early..and as of today it has been only 11 days since that night..and im pretty sure that is too soon to know for sure ,right? i dont know the exact time to wait to take it. and yes, it was with kyle.

I think that what Hope said to say is great.

Just go for it. It would be way too frustrating months and maybe years down the line when you have to tell them. Telling them right now is the best as you've been with eachother a few weeks now, and you know it's worth it then.

If you're not related, then you're not related!