This isn't as serious a topic as others. Just more of a general wondering.

I'm in high school, I'm a guy. I get along okay with just about everybody (well, everybody excluding the snobbish preppy clique(sp?) and I can have good conversations with girls. The thing is, I'm not really interested in dating them, or any of the girls at my school for that matter. Is that weird? Before I meet them, I might think of them as attractive, but once we start talking, I end up just wanting to be friends with them.

I don't really mind not having a girl friend, or not going out on dates. I just rather hang out as friends. Is that normal?

For example, for Prom, I was just planning to go with a friend (if at all, its so expensive ). I'm 16, and its not that I don't "like" girls, its just that I don't find the ones I know attractive. Is it just me? Is dating even that big of a deal?

I mean, I could probably ask a friend out on a date, but I don't want to. Is that okay?

Bah, I'm probably just being kind of paranoid and worrying about what others will think of me. I dunno.

Is it okay to not want to date?

I think you should feel blessed! The ups and downs of teenage romance/hormones/relationships can be such a negative part of growing up and it seems like you have a good handle on your life. You are learning about yourself and knowing exactly what you want. Too many times, people try to find happiness in someone else and find out that they are just trying to run away from who they truly are. I wouldn't worry about it at all - when the time comes, you will be just fine.

Aw you're so cute. You sound like a pretty cool kid, I wouldn't worry about it. Kurt Cobain thought he was gay cause he wasn't remotely attracted to any of the girls in his hs. I'd say expose yourself to different kinds of girls and maybe you'll find someone interesting. Unless you're attracted to guys than you are not gay. And don't worry what anyone thinks about who you date, it's your life not theres.

I kind of know what you're talking about. When I was in high school, I was attracted to several girls. A few of these girls I dated, briefly. When I say briefly, I mean a total of one or two dates. I found them to be extremely fascinating, until they opened their mouth. I used to have far more interesting conversations with teachers and secretaries than I did with most girls in high school.

I wasn't really interested in any girls for a while (about a year) until I met a girl who was a senior (I was a junior). She was kind of a plain, shy and average looking girl. The kind of girl that guys walk right by when a popular girl enters the room. Anyway, I didn't even notice her until I heard her talking to one of her friends. She was talking about some AP class she was taking. It wasn't even what she was talking about so much as it was that she knew what she was talking about. I started listening closer. I could tell she was intelligent. After her friend left, I went up and talked to her. We hit it off, right away. She wanted to be friends, so we were friends. Unfortunately, I developed a crush on her and she went off to college.

After that experience, I discovered what it is that I find most desirable in a potential girlfriend. It's also made dating a bit more complicated for me. I do think at times I may be too picky, but when I'm with a cute girl that doesn't want to talk about anything I find interesting I feel like I'm wasting my time. Most of the girls that have the traits I like are unfortunately very, very shy. The ones that aren't, always have boyfriends.

Maybe the right girl for you isn't so much a supermodel as she is someone who can keep you on your toes.

I didnt like to date girls in highschool either man. Once i started college it really hit me, the desire to be with women. In highschool i definitely found them attractive and i was friends with a lot of them. You may not know now why you dont want to be with any of those girls, but when you grow some more i think youll figure it out. Looking back i can pin point why i didnt try to date girls in highschool.

Be true to yourself and everything always works out. Im sure before to long youll want to get with the females. It has happened to everyone that i know.

Yay! Thanks everyone. I never considered it as being "blessed"

"Maybe the right girl for you isn't so much a supermodel as she is someone who can keep you on your toes." - Hephaestus (yea..I can't figure out the quote thing... )

I tend to worry a lot, but this helped.

EDIT: This should've probably gone under the "Dating" Section