One date thats all I ask ...

They say they want a guy thats attentive, passionate, caring blah blah blah when in essense all they want is to control a situation for their own means. The reason I am so bitter is because I am a 42 yr old man that has never been with a woman I have asked them out but to no avail but these same women complain that all the good guys are taken I say bullshit I am one but do women care ? They want a guy with movie star looks and a bank account to match. I hope one of these days some lady and I use the term loosely will finally say yes to a date, just a date not marriage, just one date thats all I ask .

There are women who feel the exact same way about guys. Guys are always saying they want a sweet caring girl who's confident in herself. I know plenty women like that who don't get dates and don't get asked out...EVER. I'm just so terribly sorry that all women can't be a size 1 or 2 beauty queen. Don't think we don't try...

Now onto you're problem...what kind of women do you approach? Try to get to know a woman before you ask her out...that will greatly increase your odds. Also, don't go straight for the throat...ask for her phone number or email address first. Say that she's a cool person and you'd like to get to know her better...then casually ask for her phone number. Or, you could always start a conversation and then use the ever clever, smooth line of "Why don't we finish this over a cup of coffee?" Just be calm and smooth, but not fake, and you'll get a girl. Don't worry, I'm sure there are plenty of women out there who would date you. Also, the above rant wasn't directed at you...just thought it needed to be said

I have to assume you may be a little shy as well? The older you get the harder it gets just to meet people at all! Most people have much baggage, or are already married etc.

I would say there are women who like her man to have the mentioned qualities, but we also need to be attracted to someone. Yes everyone is attracted to different things....

I would say dont shy away from online dating. There are several good sites out there, that way you can look to see who is out there and find someone with similar interests. Its quite the cool, easy and fun way to meet people these days! Even if its just to see what the competition is up too.

Dating really is just like life, it's dog eat dog. Actions get you places. As far as the problem getting dates, is it that you're not askin enough? Getting out enough? Just wondering, that's all.

From my personal experience a lot of women like a guy who walks a fine line between confidence and cockiness...

For things to try...yeah, just keep it relaxing...don't be overly aggressive, just coming right over and asking for her number will likely just shock her more then anything. Try to make some small talk with her...or instead of asking for her number right out you could always just ask her if she'd like to go to coffee sometime...if she says sure...then get the number...i dunno...but it is tough...specially for guys.

Do you go to Church? I know this is going to sound wrong, but try visiting a few good churches. You can meet some genuine people there. It could turn your life around or at least give you a new perspective. I personally believe that God "is" love and if both people are true to that, the rest almost fits together. Because that shows that you are already relationship proven and certified.

Hey I'm not a huge bible pusher, far from it. But I do appreciate values and honesty in life, I'd want that with or without God. I'll be the first to tell you religion sucks. The only thing that matters is God's love simple as that. Religion and church are not the same. I grew up following a strict religion, got me nowhere. The church is simply God's people. Find and great church and find great people, because they are one in the same.

Don't go in and expect a girl on the way out. But this is a great way to meet all kinds of great people. mrdagger I think you are looking for love in other people, that doesn't work well. This board is a prime example of that.

Don't worry about being attentive, passionate, caring, blah. Don't go in thinking that's what they want because, now you're the one that's not lessening to them. Don't worry about girls, they are too complicated and you'd never get the job done. That's the beauty of it. Be well kept, and dress nice. That is the best advice. heh, I need to follow that advice as well.

Most importantly don't act desperate. Don't even be desperate, that is the biggest turn-off to them. Get to know them girls first they are people too. You think you're being romantic by saying how mutch she means to you when you barely even know her, well its not. Sorry, ask any woman. Even after I was already dating my first girl at age 21, (I'm still 21) I still killed it by letting her know I wanted her so bad. However she wasn't prepared for a long term relationship. I didn't do my research on her before we got together. I had met her one summer two years ago, she never left my mind. Newbie mistake. Picking the good ones and not being desperate go hand in hand.