Just want to share and vent a little...

We broke up 3 months ago after a 2-year on and off relationship. She finally went back to her ex (and I truly believe it has been the main reason shadowing our relationship). I have been on NC and in the last 2 weeks she has been trying everything to contact me. But last week I showed her my weak side and broke NC.

So we started emailing each other until she starts brining up the past. I was ignoring her and she got upset. The next day the emails kept going and she wants to meet up on the weekend. I said yes and it was the worst thing I should have ever done. For the whole night she pretended we were like a couple, until the reality hits her that she cannot love two people at the same time. She got upset on herself and went home. The next morning finally I was able to reach her and we talked. She said she loves me but there is nothing she can do about it (because she is in love with someone). So I tell her to forget about me and let it go, but she didn't answer me back. And we left it there.

The next monday she said sorry about what happened. We met up that night and she pretend nothing had happened. However, since that day she has been very cool and seems like back to where we first broke up. First I felt very sad but then it turns into anger. Can't believe what she had done (a test on me!) to me. This is a nail to the coffin. I don't think I can be friends with her ever again.

Frankly she sounds not only conflicted but selfish. To put you through all that and then she is the one who acts coo. Go back to no contact and find someone who cares abut you at least as much as herself.

It really hurts to know when you think you found someone special, only to find out how selfish they are in the end. I'm right there with you buddy. Relationships are about sacrifice and she just wasn't willing to sacrfice herself for you. Would you want to be with someone that didn't? Your better off without her anyway if she is that selfish. Seems to me she has a insecurity issue she needs to deal with.

This might hurt when you read this, but it also seems to me that you were just a security issue... just like me. Once you understand that its not you that they were after but for their own security then you will realize alot about her. They keep you hanging on because a part of them needs that comfort and maybe because they actually do have feelings for you, but the difference is that they have to sacrifice for you and if they can't do that then you just have to let them go. Don't be her option... she is your option.