What can I do in this situation?

What should I do

I'm 23 and the girl I like is 32 she went to my house for work purposes and tried to pull a move on me in my room I knew what she was trying to do but didn't do anything about it later that day I told her that I would rather end my life than be with her as a joke but I know now that she definitely didn't think of it as a joke I then later asked her if she used to like me that was my way of confessing my feelings but I'm pretty sure she thought that I was trying to see if if she liked me and she didn't respond months later I told her that I shouldn't have said that I would rather end my life than be with her I was thinking about telling her I liked her but I feel that she's gonna think that I'm just feeling guilty and I'm not being real I want to know what I could do to show her that I was just joking and I'm being real and that I do really like her and I am not confused.

Never joke about suicide.  It's just not funny. 

Don't call 32 year old women girls.  It's demeaning. 

You already rejected her so what changed your mind?  

If you genuinely like her & want to spend time with her, ask her on a date.  You should not say you like her.  Your act of asking her to go on the date will convey your interest.  

• Thanks 1

Suicide is a serious matter that should not be joked about. In general, be careful what you joke about as you never know when you might hit a topic that has affected the other person and might bring up painful memories. Best to stick to lighter, inoffensive things.

You already apologized. If she is still speaking with you, odds are something said months ago won't be a sticking point. So let it go. Use it as a learning experience to watch what you say.

Also in the future, just keep it simple and direct. Why ask her if she used to like you? Why not just come out and say you like her? Why not ask her out and let her answer tell you her feelings? Playing games dancing around the subject didn't get you further.  Phrasing it as you did also put all the pressure on her. Confessing your feelings would have meant actually saying your feelings, not trying to get her to say hers.

Her feelings for you are going to be whatever her feelings for you are. What you do is not likely to change that. A person's feelings for someone is based on the whole of their time together, not just one moment. And it's based on their own emotions and internal thoughts. So the best thing to do is just treat people with respect and kindness in general. When you do express deeper feelings for someone, simply be honest and speak from the heart.