Guys that help the damsel in distress....

7 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

My general sense is when the relationship is focused on talking about the past, or The Relationship there's some unhealthy stuff going on.

I talked about it ONCE here. So not sure what you're implying but maybe you can elaborate.

Not saying you're incorrect but sometimes things leave marks.

Of course, I value your opinion so I'm all ears.

45 minutes ago, yogacat said:

I talked about it ONCE here. So not sure what you're implying but maybe you can elaborate.

Not saying you're incorrect but sometimes things leave marks.

Of course, I value your opinion so I'm all ears.

I mean in general the posts in this thread that delve deep into the complexities of interpersonal/romantic relationships - to me it's not that complex when things are working "fine" or better than fine.  To me why a person might like to be the knight in shining armor or another be damsel in distress -can be infinite reasons.  Can be like that one day not the next. 

An hour or so ago I would have LOVED to play damsel instead of dealing with this slew of frustration from my teenager while my husband is in a different time zone.  And I mean that literally -see-not meaning "he's out of touch" -he's literally out of touch in a meeting in a different time zone while I'm being barraged by teenage style texts and was in a true dilemma about what to do. Wow would have been awesome if my knight were here to swoop in and I wouldn't have cared a bit if he played up the knight part. I muscled through it, I'm a bad a** mom as my child said this morning before he hated my guts an hour ago, temporarily.

This mama was in distress and worn out!

My husband loves when he can help me open a pickle jar or plunge a toilet and you know what -I let him play up that whole swooping in knight part -whatever floats his boat.  If it were all the time -um nope.  But I also don't query him or myself internally -hmmmmm I wonder where that comes from? Did he mean it? Did he do that for his ego? Is it compensating for being really short???? No. 

Cause I love him to pieces and I let him be him - quirks and all - and if he's too proud of the open pickle jar when I'm the only one who eats them or unclogging the toilet -go for it.  He'd clog the toilet with unmentionables if I started talking about why he does the knight thing at  times or why I love being rescued sometimes.  Other men and women would love to have those sorts of Relationship Talks each time they took on a certain gendered role.  That's not how we roll. More power to those that do.

3 hours ago, yogacat said:

🤣

My brother used to put my dolls in the toilet and clogged it. What is up with that? 😂

Oh I meant he'd get sick.  LOLLL.  My sister used to make fun of my dolls -she preferred stuffed animals but tolerated barbies - and also pretended to flush herself down the toilet to scare me.