Comfort in Melancholy?

This one by Gwen is also another relatable, lamenting guilty pleasure of mine! 

And I’ve been there at 4am just, not often in the limo… 🤣🤣🤣

—-

And all I know is 
You've got to give me everything 
Nothing less 'cause you know I give you all of me 
I give you everything that I am

I'm handin' over everything that I've got 
'Cause I wanna have a really true love 
Don't ever wanna have to go and give you up 
Stay up 'til four in the morning and the tears are pouring 
And I want to make it worth the fight 
What have we been doing for all this time? 
Baby, if we're gonna do it, come on, do it right

All I wanted was to know I'm safe 
Don't wanna lose the love I've found 
Remember when you said that you would change? 
Don't let me down

It's not fair how you are 
I can't be complete 
Can you give me more?
—-

x

One of my all time fave heart ache anthems! Suppose it’s heart ache with a soulful twist!! 

—-

Lookin' back over my years 
I guessed, I've shedded some tears 
Told myself time and time again 
This time I'm gonna win

But another fight, things ain't right 
I'm losin' again 
Takes a fool to lose twice 
And start all over again

Think I'd better let it go 
Looks like another love T.K.O. 
Think I'd better let it go, let it go, baby 
Looks like another love T.K.O

—-

x

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mylolita said:

One of my all time fave heart ache anthems! Suppose it’s heart ache with a soulful twist!! 

—-

Lookin' back over my years 
I guessed, I've shedded some tears 
Told myself time and time again 
This time I'm gonna win

But another fight, things ain't right 
I'm losin' again 
Takes a fool to lose twice 
And start all over again

Think I'd better let it go 
Looks like another love T.K.O. 
Think I'd better let it go, let it go, baby 
Looks like another love T.K.O

—-

x

TKO...Reminds me of TKA...Music of my era, so corny but so much fun!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, mylolita said:

I’ve also enjoyed sassy corny break up empowerment songs by Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston when I’ve never been through a break up 🤣 Why? I have no idea 😂

If there is something I like other then sad songs, it tends to be songs from sassy, take no nonsense women. I wonder what that says about me. 😁

Speaking of which, and since you two have me going back through Mariah songs, here's an oldie that still gets me moving. Though I have no idea why I related to this song as a seven year old that didn't have experience with unrequited love either.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, mylolita said:

I forgot all about this one!!!!

Miguel!!! 🥳🤣 I also love Miguel Migs - the beach house music King 🤣😎

x

Deep house, beachy!

I remember catching a DJ performance in sunny southbeach Miami. Honestly, I couldn't stay for more than 10 minutes. It was wild. A pregnant lady tripping on ecstasy or who knows what, puking everywhere. Definitely not my vibe.

But, there was this spot that was open all night, so I popped in around 9pm and ended up leaving at 8am. The beach atmosphere and unbelievable music were just too good to pass up. It was some kind of EDM that I couldn't even put into words. And let's just say, the crowd was enjoying it in their own unique way. 

Speaking of which...love this tune....🎵

24 minutes ago, yogacat said:

Deep house, beachy!

I remember catching a DJ performance in sunny southbeach Miami. Honestly, I couldn't stay for more than 10 minutes. It was wild. A pregnant lady tripping on ecstasy or who knows what, puking everywhere. Definitely not my vibe.

But, there was this spot that was open all night, so I popped in around 9pm and ended up leaving at 8am. The beach atmosphere and unbelievable music were just too good to pass up. It was some kind of EDM that I couldn't even put into words. And let's just say, the crowd was enjoying it in their own unique way. 

Speaking of which...love this tune....🎵

Oh wow Yoga! What a night THAT sounds!!!

Here in the UK, the “beach house” scene (if there even is one?!) is just nothing compared to what I imagine you get a Cafe Del Mar or Buddha Bar Ibiza or Miami coast or anything like that! Always wanted to go and see it for myself! 

For a second then when I saw the title of your song at the bottom, I thought it was this! 

Love hearing your wild coast party days! I never went through that… I never enjoyed going out to clubs and I can’t take my drink! Nowadays I can have a few cocktails or a small class of wine spritzer and that’s me definitely done! 

Always preferred to work at clubs or in a bar environment and be part of it that way, as part of the club workings. I kinda absorbed the nightlife energy that way but didn’t have any responsibility to have a good time 🤣 Always wanted to go out to a club and just enjoy it, let my hair down! Now I’m 34 and married it’s also not what I wanna do. I go out to bars but that’s different.

Would loved to have been there/seen it!!!! 

It’s always the quiet ones Yoga - have to watch out for you lot 😉😆

x

1 hour ago, mylolita said:

Always preferred to work at clubs or in a bar environment and be part of it that way, as part of the club workings. I kinda absorbed the nightlife energy that way but didn’t have any responsibility to have a good time

Ha. See, I wouldn't... I preferred to go and then leave. I couldn't imagine being around it 24/7. The desire to unwind and just feel 100% immersed in all that the environment has to offer...yeah. I prefer to do it as a guest. More enjoyable for me.

What I especially loved was absorbing the culture. When I went, I feel myself “in the music” 100%. Fully taking in 100% of the people, the surroundings and environment. And while that may sound intense, I loved being open to it. I embraced it. I made the most of it. I enjoyed it to the fullest.

I've got some really funny and great memories...I'll need to share a bit more in another post 🤣

But you must have some stories too working in that environment, no?

😇

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, yogacat said:

Ha. See, I wouldn't... I preferred to go and then leave. I couldn't imagine being around it 24/7. The desire to unwind and just feel 100% immersed in all that the environment has to offer...yeah. I prefer to do it as a guest. More enjoyable for me.

What I especially loved was absorbing the culture. When I went, I feel myself “in the music” 100%. Fully taking in 100% of the people, the surroundings and environment. And while that may sound intense, I loved being open to it. I embraced it. I made the most of it. I enjoyed it to the fullest.

I've got some really funny and great memories...I'll need to share a bit more in another post 🤣

But you must have some stories too working in that environment, no?

😇

Some stories? 

Yoga, I tell you what! 🤣 

Did I ever mention to you that I was a stripper/pole dancer/lapdancer from the age of 18 to 21? 

I have experienced some night life but maybe not in the same ways as you but, maybe - I don’t know your stories? LMAO!!!! 😉🤣🤣🤣

I’m sure we could both spin some yarn! 😆

x

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, mylolita said:

Some stories? 

Yoga, I tell you what! 🤣 

Did I ever mention to you that I was a stripper/pole dancer/lapdancer from the age of 18 to 21? 

I have experienced some night life but maybe not in the same ways as you but, maybe - I don’t know your stories? LMAO!!!! 😉🤣🤣🤣

I’m sure we could both spin some yarn! 😆

x

Yes, you did mention that. 🙂

Ahh, I've got another song stuck in my head...Damn it!

From one of my favorite movies. 😄 I love the nightlife.... 💃

spacer.png

PS.

I like knitting, heehee.🧶

• Haha 1

For me, when I'm sad, I like to listen to music that resonates with how I'm feeling. There is a catharsis that happens for me. By amplifying the sadness I seem to process it. Sometimes I cry; sometimes I don't. Afterward I feel like I've taken a journey through the sadness and have come out the other side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1