Survey of who strings who along

Ok, this may get some people all upset, btu i want to know your opinions.

In terms of people stringing other along, i just seem to think that it is mostly women that would tend to have their ex boyfriend/husband strang along so that they can have a security blanket, just in case. Whats you opinion?

Nope - definitely not a "women only" thing. Men do this too. However, since I'm assuming you only date women, you've never had men do this to you, and your guy friends don't necessarily want to disclose that they are stringing someone along.

But to answer your question, I've had men "string" me and my friends along, and I've also seen women string men along.

Afraid i have to disagree with that one, my ex left me and found another girlfriend but he keeps in touch with me and tries to remind me of our times together so that it makes me still want him. It took me a long time to realise that he was doing it just incase his relationship doesnt work out and he has me there as a fallback. Girls may do it but ive not heard of that as yet.

Both males and females can string their ex-partners, current partners or "potential" partners along. Sometimes it is intentional (ie maybe they want the sex, or maybe they are afraid of being alone) and sometimes it is unintentional (they do love the person and don't want to hurt them so give some hope to other by trying to be kind).

Likely your exposure is only to females doing this so you would not see other side, but it does happen on both sides.

And then there are times I think we "believe" they are stringing us along when they have given us a loud and clear message that they do not want you....it's just sometimes it is hard to listen so we look for "strings" or signs of hope where there are none. We almost string ourselves along.

Was going through it up until recently,told my ex off and let her know I wouldn't put up with it.NC for a week and then she is calling asking my advice,wanting me to fix her bike etc...'sorry to bother you" "I won't bother you anymore" blah blah...

I dont believe that its even a male/female thing instead I think its about a persons personality. If you have those personality traits where you will string a person along then most likely you are going to do it. It may be that one sex has more of that personality type but I doubt that any conclusive evidence about that has been collected up to this point.