How do I reverse a promise made effectively?

36 minutes ago, MissCanuck said:

Thanks for this, Batya! I appreciate that. 

But he hasn't really followed up since, so he's clearly not that interested in making these lessons happen. Again, I would let it go and not continue contact with 

Thanks everyone for your great help. I truly appreciate every single advice given by you.
I have been a long time follower of this website, but it’s my very first time posting. Therefore, I felt a quite nervous on how people would react to my problem. Fortunately, you have been very professional and helpful.

I’ve contacted him I don’t feel comfortable tutoring his kids and hope that he could find someone else, in which he responded back “ok” and said his health has been declined greatly lately. I haven’t responded back. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, catfeeder said:

Admiring someone doesn’t obligate you to perform private services for them.

Once you gain clarity on reasonable boundaries beyond which you will not allow others to impose, you will be of further service to your community because you will be an effective manager.

Being a yes person is depleting. Owning limits teaches others how to respect those in service, which benefits All.

Thanks, Catfeeder! Yes, I have to learn more about reasonable boundaries so I will not allow others to impose me. I need to learn how to say “no” more to minimize people taking advantage of me. 

10 minutes ago, JJ88 said:
46 minutes ago, MissCanuck said:

Thanks for this, Batya! I appreciate that. 

But he hasn't really followed up since, so he's clearly not that interested in making these lessons happen. Again, I would let it go and not continue contact with 

Expand  

Last time I checked, he said yes. I told him I’ll let him know once I figure out my schedule. Fortunately, he reacted positively when I texted him today that I am not comfortable doing it. Yes, you’re right about I should not continue to contact him anymore. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JJ88 said:

Last time I checked, he said yes. I told him I’ll let him know once I figure out my schedule. Fortunately, he reacted positively when I texted him today that I am not comfortable doing it. Yes, you’re right about I should not continue to contact him anymore. 

Great choice!