Hair Beauty Tip (For the Ladies or Gentlemen)

Fairly recently I've gotten into aesthetics, cosmetology and health, I'd someday (hopefully soon) like to open my own full-service salon!  I've been looking at locations. 

Anyway, I've been playing around with different ways to style my hair and ordered a 1/2-inch barrel curling iron which is so tiny!  

I received today and curled my hair and it looks amazing!  I wasn't sure given the barrel is only 1/2 inch but it really does look very pretty, I highly recommend!

I'm tempted to let you see with a before and after but it's the internet, so.....  we'll see.

Ladies, what do you think?   

A bit of a departure from the usual dating issues we read about, I thought it might be fun though. :classic_biggrin:

Looove curly funky hair! I try use as little heat as possible, if you haven’t tried overnight curls yet, you should! A fun experiment. Bathrobe curls are some of my favourite, plenty of tutorials on YouTube 🙂

Opening up your own salon is a brilliant dream. I hope you can make it happen. 

• Thanks 1

Heat is damaging for sure.

I have naturally very, very curly hair. I let my hair air dry to minimize damage. I also stopped coloring. Too damaging and time consuming (and expensive!) I actually go to a barbershop to get my hair cut. They cost less and do a better job. And it's a super fun environment.

Having your own salon sounds like a fun goal.

• Like 2

This particular curling tool uses tourmaline, it auto wraps and has a timer so it's not damaging.  I've read damage occurs when applied too long and the barrel gets too hot. 

We shall see!

@TacticalLinguineI love YouTube tutorials!  It's how I learned to cut my own hair, saves me a ton of $$$.

I also cut friends' hair.  Last week I cut a co-worker's hair.  I will need to get my license to cut professionally and charge money though.

But yeah I have so many creative ideas for the salon; I'm excited about it, I will keep you posted! 

• Like 1

Another great health tip I've been using for awhile is coconut oil.   I use it on my hair, skin, I cook with it and take a tablespoon a day for general heart health.  

This is gonna sound really weird but it's great for oral health as well, swishing in mouth for 5-15 minutes.  It's called oil pulling and it's become quite the rage!

It takes a bit getting used to but my dentist was amazed at my last cleaning with how healthy my teeth and gums were. 

Anyway, it's the best for hair and skin imo, better than anything sold commercially and A LOT cheaper!  

4 hours ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Another great health tip I've been using for awhile is coconut oil.   I use it on my hair, skin, I cook with it and take a tablespoon a day for general heart health.  

This is gonna sound really weird but it's great for oral health as well, swishing in mouth for 5-15 minutes.  It's called oil pulling and it's become quite the rage!

It takes a bit getting used to but my dentist was amazed at my last cleaning with how healthy my teeth and gums were. 

Anyway, it's the best for hair and skin imo, better than anything sold commercially and A LOT cheaper!  

Not me reading this while doing a coconut oil hair mask😬

Not necessarily hair related (can be), but Vaseline has also been a life saver for me! I have a chronic skin disorder that makes it terribly dry, I also live in a very cold climate, I use Vaseline as a lip balm topper and around my eyes at night. It’s a beauty tip my granny used all her life, she looks wonderful! Marilyn Monroe used it under her make-up for a glowy look🥰

8 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Heat is damaging for sure.

I have naturally very, very curly hair. I let my hair air dry to minimize damage. I also stopped coloring. Too damaging and time consuming (and expensive!) I actually go to a barbershop to get my hair cut. They cost less and do a better job. And it's a super fun environment.

Having your own salon sounds like a fun goal.

Same but I still color just not often. For many years - 2003-2019 or so I used a wet to dry ceramic straightening iron and used different irons prior to that.  Then because my job was more casual dress I went natural and air dry/use gels (yes, I used to believe straight -Jennifer Anniston style -looked more professional especially since I am very petite).  It is damaging for my dry/naturally curly hair.  I now get lots of compliments!

One of my BFF is a huge user of coconut oil!

Thanks for starting this thread and I hope you explore more - sounds interesting!!

14 hours ago, Batya33 said:

For many years - 2003-2019 or so I used a wet to dry ceramic straightening iron

I don't know what that is!   I mean I have heard of it, but don't know quite what it does.

Today I went to work with curls, just a few, very subtle and received some compliments but more importantly, it made ME feel happy, in a good mood.  I dunno something different and unique, for me.

So I have another health tip, this is a big one and has really improved my overall health since I started drinking it.   

Bone broth!!  I like the chicken versus the beef.  I like the flavor better.

You can make it yourself but don't have that kind of time so I buy it from Amazon.  I drink 16 ounces every morning mixed with 4 ounces of red pepper/tomato soup.   It's yummy and has all sorts of health benefits.  

Given it has collagen, it's good for your skin (complexion), digestion, teeth, hair and many other benefits.  I highly recommend.

At my new salon, I plan to have a smoothie bar and will offer the bone broth as well.  I really want it to be unique!!