Should I ask her out?

I've been eyeballing this girl in college for a couple of months who I find very attractive. We have a lot in common, very similar interests, and a lot of her friends are also my friends. We only see each other on our way to class (we're not on the same year), but we always smile and give a little wave. We also rarely text, but when we do it's always good fun and banter. I'd like to ask her out for a drink, but I don't know if it's too out of the blue since a long time has passed since we met and I never really showed any intentions. On top of that she left me hanging in a short convo we were having yesterday and still hasn't answered my last text even though she's frequently online, so I wouldn't want to seem too eager by double texting... Thank you in advance for your responses!

2 hours ago, smackie9 said:

Don't matter if you see signals or not. If you find someone you are interested in, you simply ask them out. It's that simple. Oh and do it in person, never over text. If they say no, no big deal. It's just part of life.

I would prefer to do it in person too, however I won't be seeing her till next week since we don't have class, and even when we have class I can't exactly count on running into her because we have different schedules.

Among the few regrets I have in my life is not saying something when I was interested in a girl. Don't be the person that years from now wonders what would could have happened. If you feel something is there, ask her. Worse case, she says no thank you. You have an answer and can move on from wondering what to do. Who knows, it may be the start of something incredible.

It also doesn't matter how long you've known her. Some people take longer to develops feelings. Some people need the extra time and closeness from a friendship first. Some relationships happen after the two have known each other for years. Doesn't matter when the feelings happen, point is that the feelings exisit. So why not see where it leads?

I'd also say do it in person. Odds are if you've been friends this long, another week won't change things. So do it right and ask her the next time you see her.

• Like 1

My $.02 would be to have something planned or an idea of something to do when you ask her. Don’t say would you like to go out sometime. Something to the effect of “I was thinking about checking out xxxxxxx and would you like to join me?”  Good luck. You got this!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Alokinga said:

I would prefer to do it in person too, however I won't be seeing her till next week since we don't have class, 

That's ok. No rush. Continue to stay in touch via social media, be friendly approachable and fun in person

And NO. You do not have to wait to ask her out in person.  That's just stalling and anxiety. You're already building in excuses not to have the confidence to simply invite her out.

Social media messaging, texting, calling are all perfectly fine ways to suggest getting together one-on-one. for a snack drink whatever . 

• Like 1