Feeling quite low and fed up.

A lot of people I have come across on this platform have read my posts about the breakup. But long story short I’m going through a breakup we was together for 4 years it was one-sided for quite a while then he said he fell out of love and we broke up it ended nicely I understood how he felt.

i don’t just feel a bit rubbish cause of the breakup, it’s just life just feel rubbish. Every one of my friends ovbs have there own life going on so it’s hard to make plans with them, I just feel all I’m doing is work and then don’t want to do anything else. Just feel a bit lost in life and felt like this as well in the relationship as I think being in your 20’s is quite a whirlwind. Just feel stuck and a bit down and fed up of it. 

before anyone says see a therapist I already know that and that’s something I’m looking into, I just want some comfort and advice as already feel down and lost and lonely.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Batya33 said:

Do you have 2-4 hours free blocks of time to look into volunteering somewhere? I'm sorry you're feeling sad.

I have days of when I’m not doing my nursing full time job. But just feel so down and lost feel close to tears when I’m on my own

59 minutes ago, Cat1203 said:

I have days of when I’m not doing my nursing full time job. But just feel so down and lost feel close to tears when I’m on my own

Yes and I'm sorry. Getting involved in volunteering can help.  

You're not alone in your feelings. There were plenty of times in my 20s I felt lost in my life with nothing going my way. There are still days like that in my 40s. If people were being honest, I imagine everyone would say the have felt that way at some point. So whatever you are feeling, it's okay. If you need a cry, go ahead. Sometimes it helps just to get those emotions out, not let it build up inside you. Give yourself some time and space to really feel and express yourself. Breakups are rough. It takes time to really be okay after and there will be good days and bad. There is no time limit for how long the healing should take and no one path for getting there. Just take it one day and a time and gradually you will feel better, promise.

I'll second volunteering as a way to help raise your spirits. The act of giving your time for a cause you believe in, of seeing the postive influence you've made in a person's life... that can give you a feeling of accomplishment and meaning that you seem to be missing right now. I find that when I'm feeling low it helps me to channel that into something more positive, helping others so that they don't feel as bad as I have. In turn it helps me to feel better, knowing I've made a difference. 

Otherwise, find a hobby you really love and throw yourself into it. It keeps you busy so your mind doesn't dwell on negative thoughts. It breaks you out of the work routine you feel stuck in. If your friends are too busy, do it solo. The point is to find something that makes you happy and puts a smile on your face. 

Hang in there.