My ex came up to talk to me and now I feel I'm back to square one HELP!

Good morning, 2 months ago I had a situationship with a friend. He wasn't ready for commitment but too many feelings were attached. He travels a lot and so we went no contact. Upon his return he'd message and say I'm back in the area. I ignored the message but last night I was out walking and he came up to me (2 months later). We spoke for a while when all I tried to do was avoid it. We went over everything again and ultimately nothing has changed. He doesn't want to lose me as a friend but nothing has changed he made comments like I hoped you'd moved on now etc. Taking none of my feelings into consideration. It ended with me saying we can't be friends he said for now I agree but I can't face him again. It hurts too much. I wished him well and happy Christmas etc... he talked about how he's made new friends here (I was his only one before the situationship). I feel like I need to block him but feel the need to say something before I do I just don't know how to word it. Something like please don't come up to me on the street... by all means say hello but after 2 months of NC I feel like I'm back to square one and it hurts beyond belief. What should I do? 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, welsh12345 said:

We spoke for a while. We went over everything again . he made comments like I hoped you'd moved on now etc.  I feel like I need to block him but feel the need to say something before I do I just don't know how to word it. Something like please don't come up to me on the street....

Sorry this happened. Do you live in the same area? Unfortunately you can't tell him what to do on the street.  If you run into him, just say hi and keep moving rather than going over everything again.

You seem to hope he'll change his mind and want a relationship. However rehashing things and staying in touch doesn't seem to be helping. You can just delete and block him and all his people from ALL your social media and messaging apps without yet another discussion. Is this the same man?

36 minutes ago, welsh12345 said:

.Should I message him before blocking him to tell him? 

Please free yourself from the situation. It's entirely in your control to do so. He's not going to change his mind. You seem to want yet another reason to continue the conversation. Yes, you can just block him without yet another discussion. 

• Like 2