I can't get over her

Hi,

Ok, so, there was this girl I met in Manchester whilst studying for a Master's. We worked together on a collab project I started to catch feelings for her, but couldn't ask her out because I had low self-esteem and was in a bad place. However, we did click and honestly, in a lot of ways, she had the same personality, music tastes etc as me. I guess I hadn't felt anything for anyone for a long time before this. My lease ran out where I was living, so I ended up commuting and staying in rooms/hotels whilst finishing the course. I hoped I would see her again but I didn't. 

I found out about a month ago she was in a relationship. It took me some time and therapy to get over that. Then, a few days ago she uploaded a photo of herself on a date to fb. She very rarely posts on social media. I feel beyond awful, screwed, finished, broken etc. I think it's cause I really do love her and I was last happiest when I was with her.

2 hours ago, MrHorizontal1234 said:

I started to catch feelings for her, but couldn't ask her out because I was in a bad place.  she was in a relationship. It took me some time and therapy to get over that. Then, a few days ago she uploaded a photo of herself on a date to fb. . I feel beyond awful, screwed, finished, broken etc.

Please continue taking care of yourself and your mental health. It's fine to have a crush, but you would be a lot happier trying to finish your studies, improving your living situation and finances and social life. She did not screw you over. 

• Like 1

I know, it sucks 😕 .  But this is something beyond your control.  Someone you came to fancy is already involved.

You just need to give yourself some time to work through these emotions and come to 'accept'.  It happens often.. I get it.

Less you know, the better, in order to be able to move on with your own life.  If you're friends on FB, maybe it's best to unfriend her?