My crush/ friend unfollowed me

My friend/crush (30M) and myself (25F) last catch up went relatively well however we were both going on seperate work holidays for a week. Up until then we were just friends that regularly talked but at that last catch up HE expressed his feelings for me which i said were reciprocated. He even said he liked that we were coming back the same time so none of us go crazy and see you in a week. He is very active on my IG regularly reacting to my stories positively and usually the initiater of messagine. Didn't really think much of not talking for one day but notice he had unfollowed me on IG. Is that the beginning of being ghost or not that big of a deal? My work trip is modelling related which could spark jealousy but otherwise can't really think of anything.

33 minutes ago, maddy preston said:

Up until then we were just friends that regularly talked but at that last catch up HE expressed his feelings for me which i said were reciprocated.

Are you dating? What to do mean by "catch up" Dates? Hanging out as friends? Hookups? It sounds like he plans to play on his holiday so wants nothing serious at this time. 

1 hour ago, smackie9 said:

sit tight and ride it out and see what happens when you get back. 

39 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Do you two go out on dates? What types of activities do you two do when you're together?

We hang out as friends, coffee, visit each other at work, friend bday dinners then hang out along later ( not intimate) but at the final time we hung over we did kiss when he expressed he wanted to get to know me on a more intimate level when we both come back  more but no we have no slept together 

I don't necessarily agree that he only wants to hookup because he could have tried doing that the night you kissed. But the unfollowing on IG is (in modern times) kind of a big deal in some ways. The signals are mixed. 

Is he still initiating conversations off IG with you? What was your last interaction like? 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, moodindigo91 said:

I don't necessarily agree that he only wants to hookup because he could have tried doing that the night you kissed. But the unfollowing on IG is (in modern times) kind of a big deal in some ways. The signals are mixed. 

Is he still initiating conversations off IG with you? What was your last interaction like? 

he left only 48h ago and his flight with transit time was about 30 h. he did imsg me if i was all packed and ready  for my trip but i havent replied yet 

1 minute ago, maddy preston said:

he left only 48h ago and his flight with transit time was about 30 h. he did imsg me if i was all packed and ready  for my trip but i havent replied yet 

Why did he unfollow you but claim he wants to get imitate? He is not asking you to be his GF (just 'lets get imitate when you get back') so what gives you the impression that this would be more than FWBs? That's fine, but unfollowing you is odd, no?

10 minutes ago, maddy preston said:

are you sure he unfollowed you or maybe something happened to his account, or he just deactivated his account? I would message back tbh and see where the convo goes lol 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, moodindigo91 said:

are you sure he unfollowed you or maybe something happened to his account, or he just deactivated his account? I would message back tbh and see where the convo goes lol 

yeah 100% sure looked myself up on the following list and it wasnt there then went to my followers and his name wasnt there too. But could very well have been an accident and yeah will msg back soon lol 

• Like 1

I will offer maybe a different explenation: He hides his steps. 

Not from you. You can still see his posts as you still follow him. But see, if some different girl looks at who he follows and see you, it would cause a few question. But like this you are just one of his followers. That guy is probably planning to keep you in secret. From somebody else probably. Hence why unfollowing. And yes, that is your que to run away from there. Shady business.

You can ask, he would maybe say "it slipped" or something. But I wouldnt trust somebody like that. Certanly not enough to start something there. Its your crush but that doesnt mean you should be "girl no 5" in his book. Demand better from men you want to date.

• Thanks 1