Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

A Peaceful Vent - Reloaded

Spawn

Well when Covid hit 3rd week of Jan i didnt expect things to change with my body a lot. Day 1 it hit badly, i had severe fatigue, fever started in the evening, headaches and sinus accompanied. Body pain developed by morning. this continued with O2 levels dancing around 65-97, for 10 days i was out isolated,  things turned worse in office with people in my UK project instead of being worried about me surviving this, were more worried about my backup

Today its almost over a month and i still cant work out, go for a walk or eat or drink well enough, tinnitus is something that happened post recovery, some fatigue still remains, i cant sit through the day, the sound is now very prominent in my head from both ears. I hear this sound continuously, its doesnt bother much but is annoying when you want some silence around you.

Work is getting super stressed, i hate working these days, sometimes i feel am dragging myself to work. Boss is moving out, few good colleagues have resigned, many in the organization have shuffled their roles around. The organization is not the same anymore with all confused with so much micro management happening from senior management. It seems there is no trust between employee and the employer.

Got to go now to check up on my schedule , some homework on new work.

I have lingering tinnitus as well and I had Covid December 2020. Also lingering fatigue and body aches, and I am prone to upper respiratory issues a lot more than I was previously. My nephew lost his senses of taste and smell and he's only recently started to get them back.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

3 months, i think we may have been infected with Delta, as WHO says Omicron for many didn't impact so much. Am being asked to take a booster but worldwide people are getting infected with booster as well. Sometimes i feel is there is no perfect vaccination out there but its important to take one of those to avoid hospitalization and severity.

Get well soon bolt and your nephew, thanks for sharing.

Oh yeah, we were sick over a year ago so other than some of the lingering effects we are recovered.

I did get all three doses of the vaccine because I don't want to be severely ill or hospitalized. I know the vaccine does not prevent one from getting the virus but the indications are that it can make it less severe. Kind of like the flu shot. You can still get the flu but likely not as bad.

The one year I didn't get a flu shot I got the worst case of the flu! I was sick for about two weeks, so bad I couldn't get out of bed. It was awful. My case of Covid wasn't nearly as bad.

I hope you are feeling well again soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Well some of my friends and colleagues are leaving the company, we were like talking and a good support through this covid WFH thing. 2 years on will be back to office in April for maybe 1 or 2 days a week, it will be such a weird place to go with all new faces, very few old colleagues around and they  many moving to different departments. I have applied for jobs to few companies nothing has come by as a response, feeling bit down with everything around me. I need to move on from this organizational change causing lot of insecurities with work. I haven't worked out for a while that it seems has added to all this pressure cooker scenario. Stopped writing my journal overall feel like am going through some depression.

Spoke to sis she said to hang in there after i thought of withdrawing applications from cisco, overall it seems am not in a good space mentally, no time for preparation, no time for myself just going to work and trying to cover up pending stuff there.

another day got a cisco initial HR call but had to cut it short due to a customer meeting and then later when i called she didn't pick up, so left it at that.

worked till 3 am for a new production release and that just took all juices out of me, went straight to bed 

woke up to a nice piano instrumental its been a while with no music no drinks no work out no walks, lost some weight lost some eyesight, far is not ok anymore, need glasses for a while.

life is still on

On 3/14/2022 at 2:36 AM, Spawn said:

Stopped writing my journal overall feel like am going through some depression.

Sorry to hear that your going through a 'down phase.' 

4 hours ago, Spawn said:

lost some eyesight

I lost some eyesight, too. Mid-forties. Farsightedness is upon me. It's going to be time for glasses, soon. I'm already wearing readers at night for my book... That started last year. Oh well.

Mid forties here too been reading up on them, it seems it only gets worse as we age, the glasses are quite a discomfort , heard eye contacts work for many but can be some maintenance , a surgery can get this issue corrected with some fun stuff they do to the cornea

I didn't realize that age-related farsightedness could be corrected. I'll have to look into it.

I'm not looking forward to the glasses. I will almost certainly lose them. I'm going to have to get one of those headbands, like Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

image.png.8c2881fdc01ebd5e03042aed0545499b.png

Can't wait to see what that does for my hair lol.

another friend and colleague had his last day today, i was like super emotional but just said few words for his farewell speech, he is a real hard worker and people like him are rare to come by in life. I wished him all the best and parted over the call, usually we go for a team farewell party have some beers talk all the fun.

sometimes these good people leaving company can make you feel bad about things in general you just feel lonely cause they were the people whom you had fun working with, chatting with and then hanging out for a smoke or a cup of tea.

Damn!