Package arrived for ex

This is more of a vent than anything. But my ex left me back in December. I've been going through a lot since then including getting over this relationship, studying for the bar, caring for my dog, trying to find a place to live and a job, etc. 

The breakup itself was already annoying protracted because he had to come back a bunch of times to get more things that he left behind which made it hard to me to make any progress in getting over the relationship until the last time he came.

I have been no contact ever since and I've made lots of progress. But today I was annoyed when I opened my mailbox this morning after walking the dog and found a package addressed to him inside. He moved out over 2 months ago! I'm sure it was a mistake but I feel like it has been long enough that this mistake shouldn't happen anymore in my opinion. Anyway. Luckily I don't feel set back by it but I made sure he's blocked on all modes of communication because I don't want to hear from him lol 

Blah! 

9 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I'm sorry- I'd just drop it off when he's not home or mail it to him. Good luck on the bar!!!

He moved to another state and didn't leave me an address 😂 I put return to sender on it and left it for the mailman. That's all the action I am taking haha 

And thank you! I need it! 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, moodindigo91 said:

😂 I put return to sender on it and left it for the mailman. 

That's the only action you need to take.

If he left the state, you're not responsible for holding his belongings indefinitely. You can toss, sell, give away anything you want at this point. 

Sever all ties. Change all your passwords and check your credit scores.

• Like 1
On 2/8/2022 at 7:46 PM, moodindigo91 said:

He moved to another state and didn't leave me an address 😂 I put return to sender on it and left it for the mailman. That's all the action I am taking haha 

Perfect! That's symbolically a great gesture for you. Keep up the great work, and trust that even when you have a bad day here or there, we all have those.

Head high.

• Like 1