Think you got what it takes to raise a child....?

and aren't ready for one.......

BEFORE HAVING A BABY TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION:

link removed

THE AVERAGE CHILD COSTS $250,000 TO RAISE!

not to mention endless hours a day paying the utt most attention to your baby, b/c in a split second he/she could fall out of a crib, wet themselves, get hungry, get sick...you name it! i suggest before having a child, attend a planned parenthood class & sometimes they offer those 'fake babies' that act like children. they cry just as loud & just as frequently as a real baby and you have a special key on it so when it cries you have to tend to it & put the key in the baby's back in order for it to stop crying...i heard it works wonders. and there is a chip inside the doll that can report abuse, and it records how long it was crying before you actually got around to tend to it. its a real reality check for those who want to have a baby especially if you are not sure you are quite ready for one....if you want to be a 'mom' or a 'dad' so badly...i challenge you to the "fake baby" first!

-DG724

they do those at the girls school near my school, and from what they tell me it actually made them WANT a baby for some reason lol! i'll never understand girls

they probably just saw those fake babies as a taste of responsbility, so they feel 'grown-up', not to mention they have a cute doll to lug around....(which in reality is NOT very grown up...) anyways, goodluck to them theyll need it.

-DG724

I have to agree that having a child is very difficult, especially at a young age. I'm 22 and I'm a single mom to a one year old daughter. Her dad is very active in her life and I'm happy because of it. But I didn't plan on having children at all. I lost ALL of my friends when they found out I was pregnant, dropped out of college and am pretty much alienated from the rest of the world so to speak.

Having a baby is not cool, it won't keep help you pin a guy down in a relationship, and it definitely is not for some little girl who is still in school. I wish more people would consider that being a mom is a full time job. When they said that a stay at home mom's annual salary should be over $100,000 a year, they aren't joking.

Yeah, babies are cute, but take into consideration that they poop, they pee, cry, throw up and dont' sleep through the night until they are almost a year old, and your lucky if they sleep through the night then! As a mom, most end up feeling loney and depressed, especially at a younger age because the father doesn't always stick around. It's a responsibility that needs to be thought over before you spread your legs!

you are right- you hear of most guys just abandoning girls when they get pregnant at a young age- that means the mother has nothing to help and means years of pure hell for her

Even when the father sticks around to help, it is most often the mother that does, or is expected to, be there 24/7. It is easier generally for the guy to get out for a night with buddies then for her. Regardless of her age...but it is even harder to raise a child when you are younger without a doubt due to many reasons.

When I was in high school, there was a class that Seniors could take called "Marriage & Family Life." Part of the class was a project where you were paired off with a classmate of the opposite sex and given various assignments like drawing up a household budget, and compromising on various things. You drew your imgainary profession & salary out of a fishbowl and had to use the local newspaper to find a place to live and go shopping for furniture prices, etc. You also drew from a fishbowl to see if you'd have children and how many.

They used raw eggs as "children." For 4 weeks, one or the other "parent" had to have the egg(s) with them at all times or find a babysitter (who would have to have physical custody of the egg/s) and account for that in their budget. Not many of the eggs made it through the 4 weeks intact. The stench of a 2-week out of the fridge egg breaking is........memorable.

This thread reminded me of that class. I didn't take the class because I graduated early, but most of my friends did. Those eggs were a pain in the butt, and I knew right then I wasn't mommy material.

yeah i mean no wonder most guys i know are sexist really- honestly where i live is just a breeding place for sexism and racism- how do they think they are helping by implying that guys don't need any input in childcare??????

o and im from the island of jersey, an independent british state north of france- not exactly too small tho otherwise i could understand things being this backwards

yeah i mean no wonder most guys i know are sexist really- honestly where i live is just a breeding place for sexism and racism- how do they think they are helping by implying that guys don't need any input in childcare??????

o and im from the island of jersey, an independent british state north of france- not exactly too small tho otherwise i could understand things being this backwards

jersey here in the states is just as backwards. lol

-DG724

My brother got his g/f pregnant, he's 18 and she's 17, they both dropped out of school, both are very immature, and they both waste money like its going out of fashion....their income exceeds their expenses by $200 a week yet they are ALWAYS broke...figure that one out.

I can honestly say they are going to regret it, and with my brothers short patience, I'm actually very worried that the baby is going to cry and he wont be able to get it to stop and end up shaking it in frustration.

new jersey before the american war of independence belonged to a rich jersey family- it was a gift from the queen lol!

and having a puppy myself i can say you are right lol metallicaguy

lol, a gift huh?? I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A GIFT RECEIPT IF THAT WAS THE CASE! lol

and mattj, id just like to say that...if im ever on a millionaire trivia game show, YOU ARE THE MAN IM CALLING!

and yes cute little things are great, but personally id take a puppy over a kid ANY DAY!

-DG724

lol ty everyone always says i have an amazing memory for completeley random stuff! and tho puppies are probablynot as bad as babies, they still bark all night, pee on the carpets (at least babies have nappies) and bite sometimes if theyre in a bad mood which babies dont do! still a baby needs constant attention which must drive people insane- my parents say that thats what they thought after 3 days with no sleep lol!

• 2 weeks later...

for all the people who say, "oh, were not going to have kids until we're finacialy set" will NEVER have children b/c they will be waiting forever.

Having children takes love, patients, and dedication, and all the comes along with it. You cant shield your child(ren) from all of earths evils and sicknesses, but I'll die trying!

I agree with what u say, i think it schould be mandatory in high school espec. b/c of all the teenage gilrs all cought up in "true love" may have no idea what kind of commitment it takes.