this gal i like thinks im funny and cool, and she has said she values my opinion on certain things - like problems with our mutual friend.

we chat on msn, plus when i see her round college i wave or say hi or what ever!

but when i ask her out to do something outside of college she either never replys or says no.

lately ive been joking around with her on msn, and shes said she was bored and had nothing to do so i have said "lets go for a walk in the park" and shes replied "ok then" but because neither of us drive and we live quite far away so we havent been able to do anythig, plus ive said to her "ur welcome to join me in a run, we can meet in the middle of where we live" and shes been like "ok then, so we gonna start running now then?" but its always been like a joke! how do i make it into more of a definate thing?

shes telled me she thinks im funny and cool, but i asked her out hypertheically and she said "sorry but id have to say no" and up until last couple of times ive spoke to her shes always said no straight away to doing anything outside of college!

i really like her but my mate liked her way before i did and still does so ive always been like oh i cant do anything, and my mate is her best mate aswell to make it awkard! but there always arguing coz he tells her he loves her and she doesnt like him like that but he seems to think she does even tho she has said she doesnt loads of times!

ive liked her for about 4/5 months and a couple of weeks ago i decided that i wouldnt like her anymore and i would move on coz i didnt think she liked me back but in those last few weeks ive talked to her even more and its been longer and cooler chats and she always seems to say things that make me interested in her again like this for example was a convo i had with her a couple of weeks back on msn just after i decided i was moving on

me "hey, ill brb"

her "hurry up"

her "come on hurry up i wanna talk to you"

me "oh sorry didnt realise u were in such a rush"

her "im not, where did ya go?"

me "tthere was bday cake available, so i had to decide whats more important, u or bday cake?"

her" meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

me "well u dont have jam and icing on you?"

her "i could have!"

me "and would i get to eat the jam and icing of you like i can with the bday cake"

her "maybe"

me "well next time ill choose u then"

her "gdgd glad to hear it"

now shes quite a playful girl and i know she was joking but she does little things like that the make me like her even more!

anyway its our half term next week and i wanna do something with her ove half term, like a walk down the lakes feeding the ducks or something! how do i ask her without making it sound like a joke like i was doing before?

shoudl i say something like " so when r we gonna go for that walk we were on about?"

and how do i get her attracted to me? shes said things like she likes the attention from certain ppl, maybe one of these ppl is me, should i show a little less attention to her? ive read things saying if u flirt with the girl u like friends then she is more attracted to you coz its more of a challenge and she doesnt like being left out, i know one of her friends who is kinda hot but has a bf, i say hi and wave to her everytime i see her but i show the first girl more attention when im around the both of them, maybe showing her friend more attention and flirting with her will make the 1st gal more interested in me?

anyway i need all the help i can get on the above situations! plz help!

if anyone is nice to enough to chat more about this with me on msn some time just pm me and ill give u my email!

thanks!

love peter!

xxxxxxxxx

I'm not sure exactly what this girl wants...she's turning you down on your playful asking of dates, but then again..she wants you attention. It's not easy to 'make' a girl be attracted to you...attraction's not a choice..its just a gut feeling she'll get when she's around you or talking to you if she's really interested. Otherwise...I would start flirting with her more, but not JUST online, you have to do it in person..if she's laughing and having a good time...touching you or something...then you should be okay. If she's not really responding to the flirting, or touching you, then you're probably sorry to say..stuck as just a friend for now...b/c her view won't change, its not something she controls. Good luck!

I agree with Drop that you can't make someone have feelings for you, but it does sound as though she enjoys your flirty exhanges online as much as you do.

Something is holding her back though. She may enjoy the attention, but just prefer to keep things less complicated by remaining a single free agent.

She may also feel that because your friend has feelings for her, that she does not want to go there with you, lest she makes a mess of your friendships.

The only thing I can suggest is keep up what you are doing, if she never comes around, than maybe it's time to invest your time and energy into someone new.

i think she enjoys our chats online aswell but like you said the problem is my mate!

he is her best mate so they chat all the time, but hes been shagging this other girl last few weeks and this hasnt bothered her at all, and infact has made there relationship better because for the 1st time in a while she hasnt been complaining about him liking her!

but i know for a fact if i ever did something with her or even told her i like her, it would piss my mate off really bad, but i dont want him to stop me and her maybe having something! shes told me before about guys who have said they like her to her but then she hasnt been teh same around them since, for example she told me about this guy who is my mate telling her he likes her and since then they have hardly spoken, i dont wanna ruin a decent friendship with her but i do wanna be more with her!

its so hard, what questions or things i can do are there to find out if shes interested in me? and how do i get her to come out with me outside of college sometime maybe next week in half term?

Sorry my friend but I think you're in the "friend zone." She can be flirty and everything around you but guess what? You aren't going to get anything more. She "loves" the attention she gets from you, and I'm pretty sure she is aware that you like her. Here's why I think you don't have any chance:

when i ask her out to do something outside of college she either never replys or says no.

lately ive been joking around with her on msn, and shes said she was bored and had nothing to do so

shes telled me she thinks im funny and cool, but i asked her out hypertheically and she said "sorry but id have to say no" and up until last couple of times ive spoke to her shes always said no straight away to doing anything outside of college!
  • 3 years later...

the first thing to do is to stop thinking shys gonna reject u . then invite her over to ur place for dinner just talk about it with her tell her how much u like her if she dosnt want to come over talk to her at ur collage . hey it worked for me now me an my gf have been going out for about 6 months