Am I on the right line??...or not....

I need advice on this one...

Usually when a guy likes me, or vice versa, he asks me out and it's all pretty simple but...this time around is quite a different story.

I've been good friends with this girl from Uni since last year-and early on from the time I met her she really wanted to set me up with a friend of hers because he's a really nice guy. I had a bf at the time so declined her offer and that was that.

A year goes by and since then for the past couple months I've started hanging out with her friends a lot. They're super people and one of them just so happens to be that guy she was going to set me up with who is-still single. I've only gotten to know him the last three weeks or so but low and behold find out that he really is a very nice guy and have since developped more than a crush on him. (oh, and I'm no longer with my last bf)

We get along really well and lately have been hanging out a fair bit along with the rest of our friends but...whether I spend the evening with him or the early afternoon, he always calls me the same day just to chat or see how I'm doing despite having just spent a lot of time with him. He did it again today-I saw him last night, slept over (not what you would think...on his couch-nothing going on) hung out with him this morning, he left for a band practice and the afternoon left me a message on my cell to see how I was doing and to talk...he called yesterday to talk and the day before that too.

Am I reading into this too much because I really like him? Is there a chance that he may be interested or do you think I'm just reading into this all too much like a young school girl?! Basically, I'd love to go out with him now because he seems like a really terrific guy but I don't want to say anything in fear the feelings won't be reciprocated make things severely awkward. Any suggestions?

Oh, and he's terribly shy...yesterday a friend of his said he would never make a move first because he's waaay too shy to even try...

Judging by your post I would say he's interested - few guys would call you that often if they were not.

I take it you are no longer with the b/f?

If not, and he is that shy, it may be up to you to make the first move.

Yes DN, my bf and I broke up about four months ago...

It seems like a sure sign, I'm just (despite what people think) quite shy when it comes to asking people out. I guess I fear what we all fear-rejection and humiliation and have honestly never asked anyone out before. I just don't want to lose out on a good opportunity if it's available, if that makes sense?

That dude is just like me! Im not shy but i never make the first move... pretty stupid, i just dont know how to. Im pretty oblivious to those sorts of things. I understand when i like someone, but i dont think about it a lot so it never occurs to me to ask someone out. You should ask him out though Hes intrested for sure.

he sent me an email today that was all "professional" and spoke only of a request for me to take photographs of their band...that was it. I just don't get it!

I think I'm going to ride it out, see where things go this coming week and perhaps tell this friend of mine who was originally going to set me up with this guy about my little ordeal. Does that sound like a good idea? Maybe she's heard things through the grapevine?

thanks for the advice...

he called yet again yesterday evening and we ended up talking for two hours Tonight I purposely stayed at his apartment longer than everyone else in hopes he would "open up more". We talked a lot but by the end of the night he looked like he wanted to say something, there was plenty of awkward silence and pauses and i finally just wished him a good night.

I have to say something though...it seems as though it's the only way anything is going to go anywhere. I'll keep you posted!

and YES, he asked me out lastnight. He called me yesterday night, we talked for awhile, he mentioned something about having left film at his place and he wasn't sure whether or not he should develop it (which lead me to believe that he was only calling because of this once again). Then just as he said he was about to let me go he asked if I had plans on Friday night. I told him absolutely nothing because I've been working so much and he followed with, "do you want to get together and do something?"...so yes, there we go.

The really lousy part: He's more than likely moving away permanently for his job and I literally want to fall to my knees because this is not the first time in the last couple years that I've met someone and shortly after I fall for them they move away. He's a reeeally nice guy and I feel like I finally got it right and-he's moving. It hurts the heart.