confidence boosters anyone?

Hey,

I got a problem/question. I was recently turned down by a girl that I really liked, due to no fault of my own. (Her best friend hates me, and drove her off me, diffrent story) my problem now is that i've met a girl that I like even more, someone i think i could spend a long time with. However i'm afraid to even go near her, my self-esteem has gone down consideraby and is only returning. I've gotten as far as getting this new girls SN, i asked her for it and she gave it to me, but i'm scared to IM her, i'm scared to do anything The worst thing is that we g2 a youth group togeather, but shes prolly not goin back nxt yr, and i'm transfering to a diffrent school, so unless i act in about 3 weeks i'll never see her again

I just need some confidnece again, any ideas? any suggestions?

ohh, and i was recently told i was fat, does 5'9 -- 145 pounds seem fat to anyone?

Any help would be appriciated, thanks alot

-- Darknova

PS -- this doenst seem to affect any other area of my life, just dealing with members of the opposite sex. Thx again!

dude, Emmitt Smith, the NFL's all time leading rusher is 5'9" 212 lbs, was 209 lbs for most of the career.. so judge for yourself. and if you need a confidence booster, trust in God and listen to Bone Thugs N Harmony's album Thug World Order....songs like : Get up and get it, All the way, and If i fall

THEY THOUGHT YOU WERE FAT!!!!! GRR THEM!

5' 9" and 145 pounds is sooo not fat. Not at all...that is actually skinny...i think they just said that to make themselves feel better.

Okay well your best move right now is to be friends...and then as time goes by...watch her responses and if you think she likes you go for it. Or if you wanna know if she digs you..ask her mom or her friends if you happen to know them. If you would like more advice you can add me to your msn and yim if you like. I don't mind. I sincerely hope this helps! and if she turns you down...she doesn't know who you are really. And the other girl...obviously wasn't worth it...she probably was materialistic...you sound like a great guy! I hope this helps!

Good Luck!

k man i i have been told i was fat several times by my dad and my step recently told me i have no friends and deserve no friends it takes awhiel but eventually it will come back and u should act quick jsut talk to her just do it on the net u can always it something happens just disconnect and say that ur comp got messed up dude just dont worry bout wut other ppl say and just go up to that girl and ask her out sometime the worst that could happen is she say no and u would never see her again if that did happen so just take a shot

Hey there...

Why not try to get close to her during your youth sessions, and try talking to her about whatever you are doing that evening at the session. Comment about the session to her, how interesting it is, etc etc...

Try to get some info about her as well, where she hangs out, etc. And suggest you two go there for like ice cream or something.

Honestly though, you should use your youth sessions though. It is a safe environment, and you both are in an environment which is familiar.

Tell how you noticed that she aways wears a specific perfume/wears her hair in a certain way etc...

I know it's hard to get confident specially after your previous mishap (which in my opinion is silly from the girl's point of view to allow her friend to dictate to her who she should or shouldn't see).

Don't ever let that put you down man, it was HER loss, not yours. She will never get to experience being with you.

But don't let this opertunity fly by bro.

As a guy myself, I let many situations like this pass me by, simply because I didn't have the guts/stomach/brains to know what to do.

You have an idea, and you have people on this board who are more than willing to assist you.

But you need to forget about past experiences, and move on my friend, and talk to this girl at your next youth meeting. Who knows, maybe she liked you all along but she was too shy to tell you...

Stay cool, and keep us informed... 0X

Right on, here's my advice. Contact her on aim. 3 weeks is enough. Try to talk to her for like everyday for a week then ask for her phone number or vice versa. One week on the phone then ask to hang out, a date to movies/restaurant/walk. It don't matters, then you have a week to make her fall. It's all up to you now.

peace out and gosh thats a nice thing I would like to try

haha just kidding ;D

Jeff l. Spiegel

hey,

I was really surprised by the speed of the responses, i took my dogs for a walk, came back and looked and there were a bunch, i wanna thank you all. I feel better just knowing there are people who care, people who take an intrest! i'll do my best to keep you all informed, thanks from the bottom of my heart

-- Darknova

TRUST ME- the bitterness of missed opportunity stings with more venom than rejection. Express your interest while you have the chance or you will be kicking yourself for months. Even if she rejects you it will not hurt as badly as missing out on the opportunity to ask her out. TRUST ME!!!!!