Is this wrong for me to do?

Paige1998

I'm a 22 year old female and relatively new to dating. I'm looking for a long term relationship and have a guy I am am interested in but it's not serious yet. There is another guy I've hung out with a couple times that I like, but he admitted to me that's he's not looking for a romantic relationship right now but would not be against a friends with benefits situation. I normally would not want to have sex with someone unless I was actually in a relationship with them, but I'm kind of considering doing that with him because I actually enjoy spending time with him, and he feels the same way. I would obviously stop seeing him if it turned serious with the other guy. Is it weird or wrong that I am considering doing this?

You are already into someone else... as mentioned, why get involved with a guy who wants to USE you?

Most often with this kind of situation, YOU end up emotionally invested and they walk away.  You are still young & impressionable, please do not do that. ( How do you know this guy doesn't already have a few other gals lined up for the same thing?)  😞 

Is there something wrong with persuing the guy you already have an interest it?  If not, be honest with him and leave it be.

You are an adult, you do whatever you want....BUT there can be consequences. You don't know how the guy you turn serious with would feel about you having a FWB while he was pursuing you. We have had oodles of threads of guys upset that they found out their GF was getting busy with a guy when they started dating. There is no right or wrong, just a matter of what ones opinion is. Nothing worse than meeting mr. wonderful, only to have him turn away because of your FWB.

37 minutes ago, Paige1998 said:

I'm a 22 year old female and relatively new to dating. I'm looking for a long term relationship and have a guy I am am interested in but it's not serious yet. There is another guy I've hung out with a couple times that I like, but he admitted to me that's he's not looking for a romantic relationship right now but would not be against a friends with benefits situation. 

You can see/date whoever you wish until you  decide to be mutually exclusive. Often that conversation happens when things get physical. If you want a relationship, a FWB situation could end up with headaches and heartaches.

Archived