Open Club  ·  90 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Baby names (boys)

ButterflyWrists

19 months is a while at your age.

It took me 9 years to have my son. I started at 22 and it took until I was almost 31 to have him. I think that is all abit was trying to convey.

She needn't have been as rude as she was in her comment. I know people who are struggling to conceive, and I'm aware how difficult it was for you to have your son. But those experiences don't invalidate my own.

My best friend had been trying 3 years, found out her husband is infertile, had to use a donor, and then lost their child at 5 weeks old to sids. Gher coment made it look like I'm completely ignorant to others struggles. Plus the fact she is unaware of all the difficulties I've faced.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you batya, yeah I'm trying to be careful what I listen to and tending to go more by what my midwife says rather strangers. I have faith that I'll be able to understand more of my baby's needs when I meet him or her. If you have any pointers in good books I'd appciate it :)

I loved the Pregnancy Bible, Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child and Baby 101. And the Happiest Baby on the Block DVD

I agree 19 months is a long time at your age. So so so sorry about your friend!!!

She needn't have been as rude as she was in her comment. I know people who are struggling to conceive, and I'm aware how difficult it was for you to have your son. But those experiences don't invalidate my own.

My best friend had been trying 3 years, found out her husband is infertile, had to use a donor, and then lost their child at 5 weeks old to sids. Gher coment made it look like I'm completely ignorant to others struggles. Plus the fact she is unaware of all the difficulties I've faced.

To be fair Butterfly, you havent been exactly kind to everyone taking the time to respond yourself.

Im going to level with you, 'unique' names is the fad now, so to be quite frank youre no different than millions of other pregnant women right now, sorry, but its true, as others pointed out you dont see children named John or Paul, instead its Makynzie and lulumaroo, please do yourself a favor and google this subject, there are satire sites dedicated to making fun of people who think they're being so 'different' giving their kids off the wall names. Im not saying that in an attempt to discourage your wants and dreams for you child, rather I'm pointing out the fact that things change, fads come and go, I remember years ago my sister wanted to name her child a boys name, and I begged and begged for her not to do it, now look, its hip to give girls boys names, its whats trendy at the time. No one today would dream of naming their kid 'Heather' for example, but man there were 3 in every class i had growing up your childs name should come from the heart, something you and your husband want and desire, if thats Merlin, then thats his/her name and thats ok, but if youre doing it to be 'unique' well again that in itself is the current fad.

To be fair Butterfly, you havent been exactly kind to everyone taking the time to respond yourself.

Im going to level with you, 'unique' names is the fad now, so to be quite frank youre no different than millions of other pregnant women right now, sorry, but its true, as others pointed out you dont see children named John or Paul, instead its Makynzie and lulumaroo, please do yourself a favor and google this subject, there are satire sites dedicated to making fun of people who think they're being so 'different' giving their kids off the wall names. Im not saying that in an attempt to discourage your wants and dreams for you child, rather I'm pointing out the fact that things change, fads come and go, I remember years ago my sister wanted to name her child a boys name, and I begged and begged for her not to do it, now look, its hip to give girls boys names, its whats trendy at the time. No one today would dream of naming their kid 'Heather' for example, but man there were 3 in every class i had growing up your childs name should come from the heart, something you and your husband want and desire, if thats Merlin, then thats his/her name and thats ok, but if youre doing it to be 'unique' well again that in itself is the current fad.

I've not been outright rude and nasty.

I've also explained why unique is important to us. I'm well aware it's currently fashionable to have more unique names now, I don't live under a rock. Names like Paul and John are traditional which isn't what I want and said so. Ever since I was small I've liked more unusual names and I already stated my background, so for me it isn't a fashion statement.

Heather as an example is a really nice name, and I've only met 1, so here, as far as I'm aware it is unique, and very pretty.

Thank you batya I'll check those out and hopefully find one that I like.

Archived