Anxiety and noise polution

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm. Sounds like you've never suffered from sleep issues or insomnia - or the "you need to" would not be part of your input. Certainly people can improve lots of sleep habits -I had to, I did with success - but sleep issues are far deeper for certain people, or at certain times, than simply instructing someone to "find better sleep hygiene" which is the latest way to define it. It's like when people tell me "just use ear plugs" for my husband's snoring. Works great for some. Works not at all for me - but that's what I would find if I googled it.

Agreed.

Sleep issues are complex and sometimes people cant sleep . And it can be as simple as just worrying you can't sleep.

I think Wiseman is wrong on this count because i have no problem sleeping or getting to sleep im just a light sleeper and noises wake me up easily. Ear plugs help but they pop out sometimes and dont stay in well.

As for that light switch its so loud. I spoke to the tenant and he told me that his girlfriend has complained it wakes her up too... So it isn't just me. Sometimes you dont need "better sleep habits" you just need noises to not be so loud

Agreed.

Sleep issues are complex and sometimes people cant sleep . And it can be as simple as just worrying you can't sleep.

I think Wiseman is wrong on this count because i have no problem sleeping or getting to sleep im just a light sleeper and noises wake me up easily. Ear plugs help but they pop out sometimes and dont stay in well.

As for that light switch its so loud. I spoke to the tenant and he told me that his girlfriend has complained it wakes her up too... So it isn't just me. Sometimes you dont need "better sleep habits" you just need noises to not be so loud

I bet that feels validating.

Last night out of desperation I set up my trifold mattress in the master bathroom in the back of the apartment. Because my husband has a hacking cough and was sleeping on the couch so as not to get me sick. I mean I would have had to squeeze it in the bathroom with my head way too close to places it should not be. That's how awful it was the night earlier being woken up from the coughing from the next room. He thinks I am overly sensitive. I don't know -and who cares? It was awful and I feel your pain. I decided to give it one more night before taking that drastic step and I slept better (combo of being completely exhausted plus the coughing was a little less). But no I don't need help, I need him to get better. He is.

I bet that feels validating.

Last night out of desperation I set up my trifold mattress in the master bathroom in the back of the apartment. Because my husband has a hacking cough and was sleeping on the couch so as not to get me sick. I mean I would have had to squeeze it in the bathroom with my head way too close to places it should not be. That's how awful it was the night earlier being woken up from the coughing from the next room. He thinks I am overly sensitive. I don't know -and who cares? It was awful and I feel your pain. I decided to give it one more night before taking that drastic step and I slept better (combo of being completely exhausted plus the coughing was a little less). But no I don't need help, I need him to get better. He is.

I feel your pain,Whether your a good sleeper in general or you suffer with sleep issues if a noise is loud enough it will keep you awake or wake you up. I dont think that it requires looking into to find out why you get woken up its normal.

Good. What is he willing to do about it?

It's not the tenants decision its his landlords. The tenant has told me he will stop using it at 5am, but im meeting with the landlord to arrange having it changed. I've brought a realy quite one it was only £2.99 And i will get it fitted soon.

Archived