How to deal with this

floralprints

If I say the above, I should then cut contact and move on, instead of continuing to hang out with him, correct?

Correct. He knows how to reach you, and you can ask him not to do so unless he finishes his old business and feels ready to explore a committed relationship with you.

There are no guarantees, but you'll exit the hell you're suffering now. When in hell, don't stop--move forward until you reach higher ground. If the guy is interested in meeting you there someday, he will do so of his own accord. If not, you've freed yourself to find someone who can give you what you want. Hold out for that, and you will thank yourself later.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because I like him.

Also the times he treated me well was wonderful, I want that. I want to be treated that way and I can’t find it in another guy..

There are other fish in the sea. It's a cliche because it is so true. A guy who treats you the way this one did is not unique, and I guarantee there are others who will both TREAT you the way you deserve to be treated, and be emotionally open to feeling the same way about you that you feel about them. It's also very easy for guys to treat a girl like a princess in the early stages and then stop putting in the effort afterward. Don't date someone out of fear that you won't find someone else who will treat you great. It's a natural emotional reaction to have, but it's not really true. There's not one person in the world who is your soul mate. There are compatible people and incompatible people, and a good relationship is when two compatible people put in the effort to go on the journey together. Finding out who is compatible can be a challenge for sure.

You can keep exploring this, but consider dating him as he is rather than as you want him to be. You may find that you have less anxiousness about it and still enjoy what he can give you; or you may find that who he is right now is not enough for you.

Archived