Serious Question

I'm not positive but I might be pregnant. I already took one pregnancy test and the second line came up very faint but it was still there. My sister told me to wait about a week and take another one.

If I am pregnant, If I take more than my normal dose of Minocyclene (it's for acne) will it cause me to miscarry? I know it says do not use if you may become pregnant and with it saying that, I'm guessing that it could make you have a miscarriage if you take too many... Anyone know?

Yes, very possible you ARE pregnant. Very rare to have a false positive so I am going to say if it indicated you were first time, chances you are.

I would guess that your acne drugs would cause birth defects, rather than miscarriage which will make things far worse for you. And may also harm you quite badly. There are reasons there are maximum doses.

I would advise you get yourself to a doctor/clinic as soon as possible to review your options - trying to do a "homemade miscarriage" is a sure way to cause yourself serious damage without any guarantee of doing anything to the pregnancy itself.

Its possible to miscarry if you continue taking the medication. However it is most common that Minocycline may effect bone and tooth development for the developing baby. This is why it is recommened that pregnant women do not take this medication.

On another note consider your options here if you are pregnant. You are young and having a baby might not be the best thing for you.

Yes you are pregnant. With my 2 1/2 year old I had a ghost type line. I honestly thought I was imagining a line. The faint positive is a positive. Do not take the medication, it may cause birth defects. Call your doctor asap.