Confused, excited, and down

Kareemzy

Hello, new to the forum, never really asked for advice or help on public boards, but felt like giving it a shot.

Anyway, let's get to the issue(?). I had a birthday yesterday, and we decided to do it over at a friend's house, and gather a handful of people. About four of my close friends, and the host's girlfriend with two girl friends from childhood which we've never met, but we invited them anyway. Picked them up, went over at friend's and we set up the room to get into it. Everything was going fine, got music on, got some drinks down, and everyone was having a good time either chatting it up, or dancing it out. As the birthday boy with some past shyness in the presence of strangers, really didn't get up to dance, nor goof with the rest of my circle which was fine by me if it meant getting a good laugh off my friend's dancing skills while the alcohol did its thing and gave me the confidence to join. Time passed, song after song, already getting giggly and having a good time when my eye caught one of the girl's stare, and just responded to it with a smile which was returned. By that alone, me as confident as alcohol gets you, intrigued, got up, and sat over to try and see what's up which in turned into a conversation. Nothing serious, and keeping it casual with some ice breakers and trying to be a tease while staying relaxed led to more than an hour of us just talking while chipping in with friends from time to time. She came off very down to earth, she was attractive, and everything about her gave off good vibes. Till now, the awkwardness was gone, confidence was over the bar as a guy which didn't walk up to girls, managed to dance with her a bit, and as the night passed and me fuming went to sit. And what really happened after was more than confusing, she just came over and sat in me, me dumbfound rolled with it, and five minutes later she dragged my hands around her waist. My friend sat right infront, we exchanged weird looks with sly smiles, and just went with the flow. Now, it wasn't just having a talk, blown out flirting and teasing each other with the help of alcohol infront of everybody wasn't really normal to me, but it felt right. Even went in for a kiss, and by now we're practically acting like a couple but again, I loved the attention, loved the fact someone would go this far so quick, it was something new for me. Okay, night is almost done, most of the friend's are already passed out wherever they found fit, same goes for her too. I stayed up to clean, and it was around seven in the morning by now so pointless to sleep, went on my phone while time passed. Fast forward, everyone is awake and ready to leave, but something was off, and there was that same awkwardness again. We didn't even exchange words in the morning, she got up, got ready, gave me a look, and just gave a casual hug for a bye. I was feeling.. let's say not hurt, but weird. My question is, what could've went wrong, was it me being at fault? Or maybe she was just a flirt, and a tease? Was she interested? Help me. Apologies for the long read, had to get it out and just explain as close and accurate as I can.

Hard to tell because everyone was too drunk. If you want to date you'll need to learn ask girls out and stay sober.

Nobody was too drunk. Well, apart from my best friend, but our conversation was sober, and normal. Thing is, she maybe had like two glasses, if she was too drunk, I wouldn't even question it, it's more than obvious that alcohol would drive her. But, that wasn't the case. I've been on dates, so I do feel confident around girls, but this is different to me, never really went down like that if someone has shown interest.

You still have to ask her out one on one to find out if she's interested in dating or just flirting/a friend.

Nobody was too drunk. Well, apart from my best friend, but our conversation was sober, and normal. Thing is, she maybe had like two glasses, if she was too drunk, I wouldn't even question it, it's more than obvious that alcohol would drive her. But, that wasn't the case. I've been on dates, so I do feel confident around girls, but this is different to me, never really went down like that if someone has shown interest.

Archived