New GF I rarely see, what up?

ManyDates

I know I came off a little mad in later posts but it was because I waited for her over Christmas and then all of this happened in the span of about 5 minutes (extended trip, then seeing she is still on okcupid and active), it's a lot to take, absorb, acknowledge and deal with. Yes there were many red flags but ironically she brought up many of them before I even noticed them and tried to lessen the blow, the big one was that she had eluded that previous guy(s) thought she was married - now I see why. She just doesn't prioritize relationships as I have experienced them in the past.

I know I came off a little mad in later posts but it was because I waited for her over Christmas and then all of this happened in the span of about 5 minutes (extended trip, then seeing she is still on okcupid and active), it's a lot to take, absorb, acknowledge and deal with. Yes there were many red flags but ironically she brought up many of them before I even noticed them and tried to lessen the blow, the big one was that she had eluded that previous guy(s) thought she was married - now I see why. She just doesn't prioritize relationships as I have experienced them in the past.

Why do you think you’re so bothered by all this?

She told you all her red flags, whether it was a preemptive strike or not you went in knowing she probably wouldn’t match your level of interest.

So are you mad at her or yourself?

Unfortunately this is dating, not everyone’s a good match, not everyone’s going to meet our expectations, online dating cut that small number in half, it can be emotionally taxing and even damaging if you aren’t mentally and emotionally prepared or it. If you are it’s fun and exciting. If not it probably feels like constantly getting hit with a bat.

If not it probably feels like constantly getting hit with a bat.

But FiO! What if getting hit by bat is (blush) your thing?

I joke—I'm pretty sure—but really just to reinforce what she said, OP. It's a dice roll out there, plain and simple.

People generally tell us who they are pretty quickly, and we often hear what we want to hear. Happens. Each of these experiences, hopefully, helps us listen a little better—to ourselves, to others.

Archived