Ok so in less than 2 months i will be leaving for the Navy. My girlfriend and I are really close, and we will miss each other alot when i am gone. So for the last couple weeks i have been working on a goodbye letter. Its not a goodbye i had a fun time, were breaking up letter. Its a goodbye letter saying how much she means to me, and that i never knew what love truly was, and how i always want to be with her. we have talked before about if we meet someone else or something happens and we think we have grown to far apart. so in this letter i told her if she does find someone who makes her happier than i ever could, to go ahead and take the chance with that person. because i truly want what is best for her, and for her to always to be happy.

So my question is to all the ladies out there. if you got a letter like this which way would you take it. 1. That i don't want you to really find someone else. or 2. go ahead and find someone else who makes you happier

I think that it all depends on what the is in the context of the letter.

I also think that you should have her read the letter in front of you, so that you can see her reaction and to clarify anything if need be.

Let her decide what she wants to do and let her come to you with it. She's a big girl and i'm sure she can decide on her own without having the option presented to her that she can go find someone else. Telling her that she can go find someone else solves nothing. If she decides after you're gone that she wants to date around again, i'm sure she'll let you know. Keep the letter to how much you care about her.