I am really at a loss and astounded

There is no HR. I couldn’t tell you where the paperwork is it was 5 years ago. I don’t think they even have me paperwork. Either way what are they going to do ? Have me not work there? Yay!

Who does your manager report to? She didn't hire herself obviously.

If your mgr hasn't responded, then go up the chain and all the way up to ensure your resignation is confirmed and your last day is firm.

As for the rest - i don't know why they'd act like that. It's unfortunate. But you have bigger fish to fry with your business. You've been professional about it - if the don't want to be - that's on them. You're moving on.

Best wishes to you.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who does your manager report to? She didn't hire herself obviously.

If your mgr hasn't responded, then go up the chain and all the way up to ensure your resignation is confirmed and your last day is firm.

As for the rest - i don't know why they'd act like that. It's unfortunate. But you have bigger fish to fry with your business. You've been professional about it - if the don't want to be - that's on them. You're moving on.

Best wishes to you.

The executive director who doesn’t give a rat’s behind about bottom feeders. She herself when she found out I was leaving days walked right by me when I said hi to her face.

let it go. the bitterness is coming thru. yo don't want to carry that into your own business.

again.. best wishes to you and congrats! forget these guys and wassting energy worryign about their un-professionalism.

as long as you alerted everybody formally and in writing of your last day - that's it. yo'uve done your part.

let it go. the bitterness is coming thru. yo don't want to carry that into your own business.

again.. best wishes to you and congrats! forget these guys and wassting energy worryign about their un-professionalism.

as long as you alerted everybody formally and in writing of your last day - that's it. yo'uve done your part.

Believe me it won’t leak to my business. I am so happy I could jump for joy. I am finally no longer physically sick as hell every day.

Believe me it won’t leak to my business. I am so happy I could jump for joy. I am finally no longer physically sick as hell every day.

This is more valuable than any reply from a manager!

Sounds like an terrible bunch of staff at the top!

Something I've had to accept too. It does sting a little bit when you've served a company and your resignation doesn't go as planned.

But I've learnt following the 2.5 weeks of handing in my notice it is not worth the wasted energy. My thread was exhausting!

I've learnt to be grateful for being free from a place which like yours made me feel physically ill.

Onwards and upwards. Congrats on your own company and good luck.

Like you said "kill them with kindness"

This is more valuable than any reply from a manager!

Sounds like an terrible bunch of staff at the top!

Something I've had to accept too. It does sting a little bit when you've served a company and your resignation doesn't go as planned.

But I've learnt following the 2.5 weeks of handing in my notice it is not worth the wasted energy. My thread was exhausting!

I've learnt to be grateful for being free from a place which like yours made me feel physically ill.

Onwards and upwards. Congrats on your own company and good luck.

Like you said "kill them with kindness"

Thanks!! Today was my ex-boss’s birthday and I sent her a happy birthday message . She did knowledge that . Yes, I love this place when I first started just loved it but over the past two years it’s become a hell hole . And I know it’s all because of the executive director but there’s nothing I can do about that . I would have diarrhoea like 25 times a day almost every single day . I was having tension headaches that almost made me pass out . I have several chronic severe pain conditions which are a lot better now that I’m home .

No more diarrhoea no more tension headaches . And I only have a lot of issues with my one severe pain condition . So I think it’s a good trade off .

I do believe when anything whether it be job, relationship or anything else is causing detrimental health issues... It's time to leave.

That's why I did in the end of my job. I battled nausea every morning on the way into work. Ended up with a loss of appitite and lost just under a stone in weight!!!! I was a shell of a person.

That's why you know you've done the right thing. As you feel better within yourself.

Same goes for me as I'm eating and putting on weight! Which is great news.

Very kind of you to message her. You are a bigger person than me. As I don't think I'll ever message my ex-manager birthday or Christmas lol. So you should be proud of yourself for that.

Some people don't understand how work can actually make you ill.

There was an uberfact on insta I got forwarded "According to research having a bad boss can make sick, both physically and mentally"

So good riddance!!!

I do believe when anything whether it be job, relationship or anything else is causing detrimental health issues... It's time to leave.

That's why I did in the end of my job. I battled nausea every morning on the way into work. Ended up with a loss of appitite and lost just under a stone in weight!!!! I was a shell of a person.

That's why you know you've done the right thing. As you feel better within yourself.

Same goes for me as I'm eating and putting on weight! Which is great news.

Very kind of you to message her. You are a bigger person than me. As I don't think I'll ever message my ex-manager birthday or Christmas lol. So you should be proud of yourself for that.

Some people don't understand how work can actually make you ill.

There was an uberfact on insta I got forwarded "According to research having a bad boss can make sick, both physically and mentally"

So good riddance!!!

Exactly, we all deserve to be happy. And we have to make our own happiness . And sometimes we just need to let it go .

I went to playgroup today and my ex boss walked in. She ignored me until I walked up to her and handed her a Christmas card and asked her how she was and how things were etc. Shrug, it is what it is. I also found out my job was going unionized and I wouldn’t have got it anyway because the big boss only wants people with “ paper” qualifications, not just years and years of experience. The government gives her more money for “ paper quals “. So I am very glad I jumped ship.

‘‘Tis done. And it feels good.

Archived