Can't take my stepbrother's behavior anymore

rebousier

We don't have any situation where family birthdays occur and we live far away from each other. I agree that we should not feel out of contact. I don't want to burn bridges, but nor do I want to feel we need to be in regular contact because it is so disregulating, especially at the moment.

Then get the visual voicemail app where you can read your voicemails and if he calls -- a little while later send a text "Hey, thanks for the call. I was in the middle of a meeting/bad reception area/i just missed you. (respond to whatever the content of the vm was - "congrats on the promotion/yes we really should do lunch sometime/no, i haven't heard from mom/i'll let you know if i can think of a gift idea" whatever he asked or told you - acknowledge that)" and that is all. There doesn't need to be any angst or turmoil. If you respond like that, you don't have to face actually talking to him - you can hide behind technology - but not be "missing". I know you say you aren't close - but you both stayed with eachother during rough patches.

Archived