I got friendzoned by coworker

flozfzx

I avoided responding but come on!

The second a girl comes on this site and dares to say a man 'used' her for sex, theres at least 10 different posters correcting her and telling her she did what she did willingly. And I completely agree. Why is it different when a man tires to weasel his way in? He deserves empathy? I think not! He entered this with ulterior motives, he presented himself as a friend, how is she wrong for accepting him as an over eager friend? He offered her friendship she accepted, he is not entitled to ANYTHING else and to say otherwise is all kinds of wrong in my humble opinion

I don't think that he was just trying to sleep with her. I thought from his comments that he actually liked her and wanted a relationship. So I don't consider those to be ulterior motives and I don't think less of him for not coming right out and admitting his feelings plainly in the past. So why can't he have a little distance to get over these feelings and readjust to the idea of just being her friend? She is also not wrong for wanting to only be his friend, and to be disappointed that she can't have that right now. It sounds to me like they may have had some romantic moments and if she shared those with him, then she should realize he doesn't just see her as a friend. And perhaps she is telling him about her boyfriend as a way to convey that she doesn't want to continue any chance of romance with him. He told her that he can't be friends with her for now, and he needs some space. I think she should respect that. She may not like it but she doesn't get to decide how he deals with her rejection of him.

I don't think that he was just trying to sleep with her. I thought from his comments that he actually liked her and wanted a relationship. So I don't consider those to be ulterior motives and I don't think less of him for not coming right out and admitting his feelings plainly in the past. So why can't he have a little distance to get over these feelings and readjust to the idea of just being her friend? She is also not wrong for wanting to only be his friend, and to be disappointed that she can't have that right now. It sounds to me like they may have had some romantic moments and if she shared those with him, then she should realize he doesn't just see her as a friend. And perhaps she is telling him about her boyfriend as a way to convey that she doesn't want to continue any chance of romance with him. He told her that he can't be friends with her for now, and he needs some space. I think she should respect that. She may not like it but she doesn't get to decide how he deals with her rejection of him.

I agree he wanted to date her but he introduced himself as a friend. Friends talk about boyfriends. He clearly didn’t want to be her friend, he was hoping that would open the door, it didn’t work, because at the end of the day he presented himself as a friend so he got treated accordingly that’s not on her to decipher in my opinion, how can you reject what was never an option?

Archived