She postponed our date because her friends were coming from France ?

OKK

I think I have had enough of this. I literally spent the entire day thinking whether if this is something that defines me as a person and its not. I clearly don't want to force anyone into going out on a date with me. I never used any strategies, there was just a big misunderstanding about what I wanted and the way she saw it go down.

There were no supposed signals either because at first I even thought it might just be in my head. But later when my coworkers told me directly on my face that this girl was actually doing all the things and giving you and just you all of her attention, that was where it all finally clicked. Then she invites just me and only me from the entire work place to go out with her and just her and her friends (out of work friends). Clearly she led me on, maybe she didn't even realize it.

I only came here to seek opinion because I was unsure of my actions. I would never do this to any women. I respected her when she rejected my advances the first time. Heck, I even moved on with it. But after I had learnt that she had said such stuff about me, I was disgusted by that since I never did anything like that at all. And she told me on the phone that she swears she hadn't said anything like that either.

Even I was left feeling a bit odd. This is never how I go out on dates, which is why I came here to make the right decision. I won't be going even if she texts me. If I see her and if she asks me, I would simply tell that me and her can't be friends and I wish her all the best. I hope she respects my decision, the way I do hers.

Not here to become someone's option. I want to be someone's priority ! Someone who is enthusiastic about meeting me. I am from Sweden, here work isn't a factor. Heck I could even marry my boss because we have no such law regarding dating coworkers. That's just in the coworkers head.

Thanks for the help, on to the next :)

If she said that she had friends coming in from out of town, I would have left it at that --- that she knows its up to her to reschedule -- i wouldn't have continued the conversation to explain myself in any way --- and if she didn't reschedule -- that's that.

I agree with your conclusion - that you want to go out with someone who is enthusiastic or at least interested in meeting with you.

Just a note for a future - an invitation to the bar is not an invite to a kiss or grope in public.

Archived