16 years age gap.....help

I met a man about 4 years ago, we just flirted and made eye contact.

I have been seeing him now for almost 2 years. I love him so much, and i love the way he loves me. But i am 39 and he is 55. I have two older children, and i left my husband about 6 months ago. He is in the proccess of leaving his wife. We want to be together.

But it does scare me, what about in 10 years, 20 years!!!

But life is short, i mean something could happen to me first....right?

I just know how i feel when he holds me, i have never felt this way before, and i know he feels the same way.We talk all the time, see each other every day.

We like the same things, we have so much in common. He is a farmer, a BIG farmer. And i love the out doors. And helping him do things. I just love spending time with him. I have never been happier.

So is there anything wrong with this? Is there someone who has married a man 16 years older? Does it work out?

Everyone seems to know about us......but my father. I have not told him yet, I live in a very small town. I am probaly kidding myself, to think he doesn't all ready know. But my dad had me at early age, my dad is 55. He is going to have a fit about this!!!!

There is nothing really wrong with being with a man 16 years older then you. If we look deeper into the situation, some problems might stem up.

Im not trying to be mean, but it seems like something OTHER then the qualities of this guy are exciting you. Im not going to guess what it is, but think you should look into why this guy is making you so happy.

Im sure the guy is really awesome, but right now it seems like other things are going on besides the age.

I know what you are thinking, and yes he is well off. But thats why i never said anything about that. When i first met him, and we started talking, and i knew i liked him, i never knew who he was. To tell the truth, i thought he was a truck driver.

We have talked about that....like i said small town, i knew people would say i was in it for the money. I hate that....yes the security helps, i won't lie about that. But it don't make my knees weak, and my head spin.

And i felt this way BEFORE, i knew who he was. It is not like that at all. He is so kind, and and warm hearted. I would do anything for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I can understand that you are thinking about what other people might think of

you,(your reputation in town).I had similar experience, mostly people will get over it and will move on to other juicy and fresh gossips. There's no law that you have to hang around to those people who doesn't like you. The main thing is you can live without them, I mean you don't depend on them for your daily bread. I got married to someone I thought my town, friends and family can be proud of, but the happiness I experienced with him was not to the extent that I expected. Sometimes I had some regrets. Follow your heart. There's more to life than worrying what other people think, they won't be there when you're crying.

I'm 40 and my spouse is 54. We've been together for 19 years almost--and most of it's been wonderful. Life is short, be with the man you love and quit worrying about what other people, including your family, will think. You're the one who has to put your head on the pillow next to him each night.

But I know your fears, there's always that thing in the back of your mind that wonders how long he'll be around or how long before "old people" stuff starts happening. We never know what the next moment will bring so I try to do the best with the moment at hand. Good luck!