I have neglected myself for far too long!

limichelle

The realization hit that I wasn't meeting quality men because I'm not emotionally ready.

There was one guy I had been talking too when it hit how in so many ways how wrong he was for me. There have been a lot of guys over the course of three years after the end to a decade long relationship that were not right. In fact just awful!

It's like I'm trying to fill this large gaping hole with a man.

I sat and reflected. As I did this I said best wishes to the latest guy!

I feel I have not taken good care of who I am.

I've neglected myself for so many years and I'm broken.

No guy can fix my broken pieces and I don't want them too!

I deleted all dating sites!

I need too be single and happy! I don't need a man to make me happy. I need to take care of myself.

First it starts with the goals and dreams in my life.

I want to lose 85 pounds!

I want to as I lose the weight be healthy!

I'm undergoing another health scare!

I'm thinking I may even want to go back to school.

There are far more important things then wasting time meeting all the wrong people.

My guy is out there it will just be at a time when I am ready!

I really can relate to the movie How To be Single. It's a cute movie with a good message.

If you are in the same boat with dating the wrong people. Maybe you should stop and re evaluate your situation.

I relate to the emotional unreadiness. I just can't feel anything . I try, but so much happened tha I'm blocking these guys out pushing them away . Until more times passes, I have to just be alone. And it sucks because I don't need, I want.

Big shout out to my idiot ex and friends for the betrayal!!! Thanks for my damage!!!!! Lol

But seriously, I wish you well on your journey. Yes, we all need to be happy within ourselves first before even attempting a relationship. And it comes from within. I wish you luck with the weight loss, and yes! Go back to school. You'll meet new people and make new friendships that way.

Take all past experiences and learn and grow from them. Keep your eyes wide open, identify red flags early and trust your gut instincts, always. Eventually we tire of the same old not working, and seek out a different type. I'm trying to find nerdy attractive, not these ruggedly handsome men with broad shoulders and cut jaw lines lol. I'll get there. You will too!

I'm trying to find nerdy attractive, not these ruggedly handsome men with broad shoulders and cut jaw lines lol.

You can't change your taste...

OP, it's a big progress realizing that you have neglected yourself and it will be huge when you take action. Good luck :)

...It's like I'm trying to fill this large gaping hole with a man.

It's not just you, there's a lot women that try to fill that hole with a man. It's part of the hollywood romance they sell that the right man will fill all your holes. It's just not true though, you need friends, you need a social circle, you need to be happy on your own. If you have a gaping hole then that's not going to get filled by just one man. In fact it may be too much on that man and this may be why your relationships are failing, the hole is just too big. Talk with your mom more, have a best friend, spread your problems to more people so that they can weather them better. Good luck.

Thank you all!

I love for the first time being single. In my heart of hearts this is where I need to be. My mom told me when the timing is right, the right type of people will be open more to me as I will be in a place where I myself is complete. I don't believe in anybody completing you. It takes two whole people to come together not two halves.

I meet with a nutritionist soon!! I unfortunately have a procedure that's coming up and finding out the results from the procedure is enough stress.

So thank you this is big for me to take this step.

Lisa

Archived