HELP he wants me back what do i do?

itsmehaha

hi everyone

so i dated my boyfriend for 2 years

at the start of the relationship he was absolutely amazing to me but at the end he started changing

he could go for weeks without contacting me,he would tell me he was going through a lot and not let me in what it was...i knew it was work related. i would be upset about that and it wouldn't bother him,didn't even care to contact me and that bothered me because i know if the situation was reversed and he was upset i would do everything to get a hold of him.

so it was small things that bothered me until 2 weeks ago.

when a friend of mine joined a dating app and she found him on there with a very informative profile.my friend messaged him and asked him why he is on there.

he than answered back and said that if he joined his friend would get more swipes and his friend made the profile.

i messaged him and confronted him about this and all he said was the same thing.

we did not speak for a 2 weeks until yesterday.

he messaged me on every social media,email and messages that he knows i use and apologized.

he apologized about treating me in such a way for these past months,for embarrassing me in front of my friend,for being a bad boyfriend.he than explained how he hasn't been on his best mind these past month but how that shouldn't be an excuse,how much he loved me and that he wants to do better.

so my question is

what do you think i should do?

i have no one to turn to.

I'm truly confused and frustrated because i do love him.

i just need other peoples opinion on the whole situation

That's what I thought.

I am a romantic and when I read your title, my first thought was simple, if you love him, take him back. But after reading your post, I honestly have to say I believe he is playing with you. He has been out of touch too long on too many occasions. If you want him back, agree to see him only if he is taking you out, to a nice lunch for example (and do not go to either of your places after, just dates, no sex yet) and take it very slow. Good luck.

The absences, lack of communication and dabbling on dating apps would suggest that he has likely checked out of the relationship and is looking for new opportunities.

That he wants you back would suggest that he has not found another opportunity yet, and so wants to keep your around until he does.

We hold onto this concept of love being a valid reason to keep hold of someone who has mistreated us because we are scared of change or being left alone.

This is not to say that you should not continue seeing him, but be aware that he created this distance for a reason and just because he 'wants you back' doesn't mean that he wont again realise why he headed down that path in the first place. Proceed with caution.

The absences, lack of communication and dabbling on dating apps would suggest that he has likely checked out of the relationship and is looking for new opportunities.

That he wants you back would suggest that he has not found another opportunity yet, and so wants to keep your around until he does.

We hold onto this concept of love being a valid reason to keep hold of someone who has mistreated us because we are scared of change or being left alone.

This is not to say that you should not continue seeing him, but be aware that he created this distance for a reason and just because he 'wants you back' doesn't mean that he wont again realise why he headed down that path in the first place. Proceed with caution.

Read Keyman's post again

He's no good for you girl. You need someone who respects you more.

Archived