What to do after first date?

bbogdanov

btw, for what it's worth

i get the sentiment of knowing the other doesn't owe it to you to look you in the eyes and clearly enunciate the truth which you can see for yourself anyway

and at the same thinking it sure is easier to turn on your heels if they refuse to say it.

she may have projected her irrational past trust issues onto you, but you would've had an impossible time trying to trust a person who was so completely incapable of communicating honestly with you. every.single.time. you brought up the reality of what you feel and the problem of her seemingly refusing to feel anything, she flat out ignored it, deflected to some mundane meaningless remark that had nothing to do with anything, or straight out disappeared for however long she felt, or threw in a crass statement about "men". not a single transaction on an emotionally relevant level happened between you and her, due to her being determined there wasn't going to be one.

i get people requiring time to decide what they want with someone, but what doesn't require months of dating

is honesty regarding her intentions and behaviors from the start that she knew weren't going to change.

i forget who it was that said conscience is that thing that makes you tell your mother before your sister does. that's what i mean, if that makes sense.

i reiterate it didn't technically take her saying anything, and also that you would've deserved the frankness nevertheless.

(and that you owe it to yourself to face and next that kind of bull without hesitating in the future)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived