Encouragement and Advice Needed Please

Yes, Thornz, and I suppose depending where in UK you are. I understand because in this island the other side of you it is much the same!

Banks are now demanding a hefty deposit because of the frightening fallout after the "boom and bust". And I know people who have both got good jobs and are trying to get that deposit together, and having to pay rent in the meantime.

Daughter of a friend of mine and her husband, both working good jobs bought their first home two years ago. Close to 400.000 pounds sterling for what I consider a very small confined type of house, nothing much going for it, and they had to spend further on getting necessary stuff to the interior. They are in the UK (southern area). However, at least they got their foot on first rung of property ladder. That meant they had to get together 70.000 or 80.000 sterling for the deposit alone. And the house has jumped in value already, because same house, same street, just down from them fetched over 600.000 sterling the other day. Things are going crazy here again.

And yes, adult education is expensive, any kind. It is nothing to pay 12.000 pounds sterling per year for a further degree, and that is only the fees, and does not include books, expenses, exam fees, and all the rest.

So I can see where you are coming from.

Yes, Thornz, and I suppose depending where in UK you are. I understand because in this island the other side of you it is much the same!

Banks are now demanding a hefty deposit because of the frightening fallout after the "boom and bust". And I know people who have both got good jobs and are trying to get that deposit together, and having to pay rent in the meantime.

Daughter of a friend of mine and her husband, both working good jobs bought their first home two years ago. Close to 400.000 pounds sterling for what I consider a very small confined type of house, nothing much going for it, and they had to spend further on getting necessary stuff to the interior. They are in the UK (southern area). However, at least they got their foot on first rung of property ladder. That meant they had to get together 70.000 or 80.000 sterling for the deposit alone. And the house has jumped in value already, because same house, same street, just down from them fetched over 600.000 sterling the other day. Things are going crazy here again.

And yes, adult education is expensive, any kind. It is nothing to pay 12.000 pounds sterling per year for a further degree, and that is only the fees, and does not include books, expenses, exam fees, and all the rest.

So I can see where you are coming from.

It's going to be nearly 6k for my final year of studies (already paid 1350 for first module and they have since increased in price) and I will need about 5k for a deposit as I will buy the cheapest habitable home I can find haa.

I looked into my fees and I can open an account with the university affiliate bank to pay in instalments (in advance without interest or afterwards with interest) so that will help a lot.

Our housing over here is nuts and it's not helped by the fact that renting is so expensive it's extremely difficult to save enough to get onto the property ladder. I suppose I'm lucky in a way to be earning a reasonable wage I don't know how those on minimum wage survive!

I'm not fussy I don't desire a big fancy house. Just the cheapest thing I can find to get me started!

Archived