Hey Guys,

Quick question if a guy likes you how long will he wait to call you once

you've given him your phone number. As I understood it he'll call within

the next two or three days. My one guy friend said this is exactly right,

my other friend said the guy you like can like you and wait up to a week

to call. I thought 2-3 days was the golden rule, please let me know what

you think!

Laura

Let's start with the difference between liking someone and being attracted to them. Liking takes place after you spend some real time with someone, whereas attraction takes place when you first meet them (which usually involves your appreciation of their physical features).

If I am attracted to a female I meet while out and get her number, I'll call anytime from after a week up to 3 weeks. Depending on how our previous conversation went, the better it went, the more of a priority it will be to call her. So, I guess you could say there are a couple variables that determine when I would call her.

I like to look at the situation from an environment standpoint, it has a lot to do with where you happen to meet the person. In certain situations it could be more advantageous to wait a longer period of time. I will not say that there is a general rule as far as calling is concerned. Some guys are eager to call while others like to wait. The point is that the period of time a guy waits to call doesnt necessarily have a direct correlation on his feelings for you. When a guy calls you is not a good way to determine interest. However there does seem to be a limit that a particular person is willing to wait before they write off that person as being interested, as long as you can guage it correctly that you can call before that limit has been reached.

Honestly...it depends on the girl. But usually from about 5 - 7 days. Calling too soon exerts a little idea of being desperate. The reason guys make you wait, is like chai714 said, ppl fall for one another not while being WITH the person, but WITHOUT. So why you're sitting there thinking and wondering when he'll call...you're thinking A LOT about him. It creates attraction...and it works well. I don't know about 'up to 3 weeks' like someone said tho...I don't want to be forgotten. I'd have to make a great impression the 1st time I met her in order to wait 3 weeks for a call....or she will most likely move on.

I know girls want guys to call asap... But as a guy you're not rly supposed to... I truly don't understand it myself, I doubt anyone REALLY does...

My rule is 2 days I don't want to be like uber clingy, and I don't want to make anyone angry at me for not calling... But If i say "imma call you." I will prolly call in a day or two.

BTW, I have a question for girls... Why does the guy always have to call anyways? If women really want to become more equal they should take some of these tasks as well ^_^... Also, is it just me, or does the guy call more than the girl? Maybe its my relationship, but I usually am the one who calls... When I start to notice this, I will kinda lay off on the calls, and make her call once in a while. I think a relationship def. needs balance.