My crush is dating one of our coworkers

Ella056

For the past 6 months, I've had a huge crush on someone I work with. We matched on dating sites, which brought my hopes up, and I honestly thought this person liked me back. Recently, I've discovered this person has started dating one of our co workers and I'm crushed. I can't stand working around the both of them but I can't just quit my job. But I feel like if I continue to see them, I'll never have the space to get over it. Please help.

For a start, if you had such a massive crush on them, did you do anything in the real world to push things along? Try to talk to them about it, or perhaps ask them out?

Now, you will just have to suck it up and deal with the fact that they are dating and get on with life.

re

I matched with a football coach at my institution on Bumble, and at first I thought he was pretty interesting. Then I saw him around in real life and saw the way he interacted with people, and while he seemed to be a decent enough person there was just no level of attraction there for me (which is sad, because I love me some football players But seriously, dating sites don't always equate to real life attraction.

Sorry this has happened, but you will get over it soon enough if you let yourself. Don't dwell on it.

For the past 6 months, I've had a huge crush on someone I work with. We matched on dating sites, which brought my hopes up, and I honestly thought this person liked me back. Recently, I've discovered this person has started dating one of our co workers and I'm crushed. I can't stand working around the both of them but I can't just quit my job. But I feel like if I continue to see them, I'll never have the space to get over it. Please help.

Get over it. It's a job site, not a dating site. It's not like he went out of his way to humiliate you. Having this type of "up & down" behavior for someone you haven't been with is unhealthy, and not very mature. Do your job and find someone outside of the workplace to go out with.

Archived