Been with my boyfriend just over a year, and basically I feel the spark has gone. I remember when I first met him I thought he was the most gorgeous human on earth and used to get butterflies and all and we actually had a sexual and emotional connection and had similar personalities. (Also called the honey moon period) But now I feel different towards him. I never get butterflies, I don't find him as attractive, and most of the time I don't want to have sex with him, and that is mostly because I'm tired or just not in the mood. Sometimes he'll want to snog but I'll stop after about 3 kisses because I don't want to carry on. I find myself getting annoyed with him over petty things which causes arguments. I've felt like this over the months but it's always gone back to normal but then back to bad again like a wave effect. But this time is the worst I've had it. I just need some advice because I don't know what to do about this.

Well, truth is the honeymoon period does only last a certain amount of time, and the first 75% of your post sounded like it could just be the butterflies settling down. But when you get into getting mad at him over petty things and causing arguments as a result, that's a pretty cut and dry case of "Yeah, this isn't gonna work."

What you do about it is you dump him. Let him find a woman who's as head over heels into him as he is into her, and do the same for yourself.

Archived