i need help!! please

Ok..so my ex broke it off with me after 7 yrs of being together...his aunts still call occasionally to see how im doing and whatnot..but when we broke up, i quit my job (i worked for their family business) but before i left i told his dad that i was disgusted with him, his wife and his son (the ex) because well...the ex was seeing someone else and they all knew and didnt do or say anything about it...and i was very close to the whole family..anyways...he has a younger sister who is turning 7 soon..ive been in her life all along..my question..although the ex has a new gf and i pretty much have already washed my hands clean of him and his parents..can i send her a birthday card telling her that i still love her? (the last time i saw her was the day before i quit my job and she told me that she doesnt understand why im not around anymore but she hates her brother for getting a new girl because she never gets to see me anymore.)

thanks for your reply..im just confused..because i dont want to send the wrong message..like i dont want the ex to feel as though im only doing it to hurt his new girl or something he's got a big enough head already ..hed probably think i was trying to get back with him somehow! but in all honesty im doing it because i miss her and i really do love her still..i was very close to her..and i dont want her to think that i only pretended to love her because i was dating her brother..i want her to grow up knowing that i loved her for her not him

It seems like you've got good intentions - and if your ex and his family can't see that - then that's their problem!!!

There is nothing wrong with sending a birthday card to a girl that you have watched grow up! I bet she would want to send you birthday cards too if she could!!

Sure - I think it would be fine to send her a birthday card. That sounds very sweet of you. I'm sorry things didn't turn out well with your ex. I can see his family not telling you about the other woman - maybe they felt that it wasn't their place to get involved in your relationship. Anyways, I hope you move on to bigger and better things. Good luck!

Send the card but make it entirely about her - no mention oif the ex or parents or why you are not seeing her. You don't want to drive any sort of wedge between her and her family. This could turn into a tricky situation so proceed very carefully if she should contact you and want to see you.