hi guys. i've posted on here a couple times before about a month ago and i'm back because things haven't gotten a lot better. i should preface this by saying i am 17 years old. in february i met this guy in my art class and we had amazing chemistry. we started dating and i was the happiest i can ever remember being. everything about us was so natural and genuine and it was something i've never felt before. anyway about a month after we started dating he broke it off because he said he "wasnt in the right mindset to have a girlfriend right now" and he was "too busy to give me the attention i deserve." he's a busy guy. i get it. he said he still wanted to be friends and all that typical breakup bull and he said "this doesnt mean we can't get back together!" i took this really hard and i was having panic attacks and crying for days. i'm naturally an anxious person and i've seen a therapist for this issue before. (i cannot currently see a therapist because of my familys situation) anyway. seeing him at school was hell for me but when spring break came around i saw it as an opportunity to get away from him and move on. i didnt talk to him or see him for 2 weeks. i tried everything that i thought would help me get over him - talking to other guys, spending time with friends, going out everyday, doing the things that make me happy - and i was able to be happy, but the happiness was just temporary and then i would start missing him again. i thought the break would help me purge myself of my feelings for him but it just made me miss him even more. so my question is - what is wrong with me? why can't i get over him, we were only together for a month? i've been in other, longer relationships in the past and it didnt hurt this badly...if anyone knows how i can make myself stop hurting, advice would be greatly appreciated thank you all

hi guys. i've posted on here a couple times before about a month ago and i'm back because things haven't gotten a lot better. i should preface this by saying i am 17 years old. in february i met this guy in my art class and we had amazing chemistry. we started dating and i was the happiest i can ever remember being. everything about us was so natural and genuine and it was something i've never felt before. anyway about a month after we started dating he broke it off because he said he "wasnt in the right mindset to have a girlfriend right now" and he was "too busy to give me the attention i deserve." he's a busy guy. i get it. he said he still wanted to be friends and all that typical breakup bull and he said "this doesnt mean we can't get back together!" i took this really hard and i was having panic attacks and crying for days. i'm naturally an anxious person and i've seen a therapist for this issue before. (i cannot currently see a therapist because of my familys situation) anyway. seeing him at school was hell for me but when spring break came around i saw it as an opportunity to get away from him and move on. i didnt talk to him or see him for 2 weeks. i tried everything that i thought would help me get over him - talking to other guys, spending time with friends, going out everyday, doing the things that make me happy - and i was able to be happy, but the happiness was just temporary and then i would start missing him again. i thought the break would help me purge myself of my feelings for him but it just made me miss him even more. so my question is - what is wrong with me? why can't i get over him, we were only together for a month? i've been in other, longer relationships in the past and it didnt hurt this badly...if anyone knows how i can make myself stop hurting, advice would be greatly appreciated thank you all

Only time will heal those wounds, many people have been down that road. Being in love is a feeling like no other, losing that love, for me anyways, was a completely different hurt that I have ever felt. I filled my time w/friends, family and activities, I still hurt a lot for my ex though. You are right, the break up line was complete bull.

since it was such a short relationship expectations were very high, infatuation was at its peak and now you're basically being stripped of the drug, love. short relationships are very hard to get over, mine was 3 months and 2 months later i'm still upset over it. i relate to you, i'm about your age. message me if you wanna talk.

Archived