Completely Confused? What does this mean?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh, it is like I am reading my own life!! The man I love and who loves me, told me recently he has to step away from us to get a handle on work, personal issues with his kids (he is divorced with 2 adult) I told him i would give him all the space he needed. We are in a long distance relationship, so i though not see each other NOT no text/phone. I have heard nothing in the past week. I have not eaten, slept...I can't focus on work and I have 3 adult kids living with my while going to college, and I myself have stresses in my life. I am totally sick. I just spent 2wks with him and I felt him pulling away. I am totally in the dark and I am starting to get angry because it was like he chopped me off!! I totally agree and am coming from the same place confused345678!! I feel helpless to help him. I too however have value and this has done damage and not sure what things look like going forward. The thing that hurt the most was 5 days after he told me he had to focus on saving his life/business from collapse....I was up at 4am and texted him "I can't eat, sleep or focus..you ok?" Who the heck doesn't respond to that for heavens sake?? Cruel.....

I totally get every angle on what he is thinking and has to do for him to be him and for any hope of a future. BUT something please, I am not asking for time or acting needy. Nothing. Im not even sure we are even still together. LOL He said he couldn't "do this" and I asked him to explain and what he meant was it is too emotional. He said in an earlier text " my life has turned upside down and I don't want you tethered to me in anyway...there is nothing good here but trouble and pain." He said he had to step away from us to work on all that was going wrong. He texted once he he figures out what is happening or has happened he would let me know but He is pulling back from everything to start over." what the heck does that all mean?

He is someone I have known since HS but not dated or seen in 25years. He is an awesome man...the best I have ever met. He had told me he is in love with me, and definitely has shown it in all his actions. We were going to be together/live together/get married once I get things settled on my end. He wanted my yesterday If I could to move in with him and start our new life.

So I am blind sided and beside myself.....I am thinking and dealing with all that you wrote about. I don't know where things are to make any decisions. I will tell you this though, If I here nothing from him I will be driving 5 hrs to see him unannounced if I have to. This is BS.

Looking back he has been extremely stress for the past few months, but things mounted and were about to explode. Initially and still do believe he is trying to protect me and all the other reasons as a man, his reponsibilities etc.....but I stopped say I love you like he used to about a week before all this happened. He started shutting down. But I am so in love with him I need to give it more time but this could take months...even years. I know this because I lost all I had when the economy collapsed and my 30 year marriage too. So I am strong but fragile. I have a huge heart....I have no doubt he loves me so I have to remain hopeful but the fear that all this will destroy our chance is overwhelming me.....I am in so much pain.

Archived