How to get over a girl I work with?

Dated a girl for about 5 months, we met at work. She got around before me and was very indecisive whether I wanted to date her because the fear of her hurting me, but she seemed to really want to be with me. We both work at the same bar/restaurant. The first three months were solid, I really started to fall for her. Treated me like gold. Then with a snap it seemed she wanted nothing to do with me. We stopped having sex, she wanted to go out without me ALL OF THE TIME and made it clear her friends didn't want me there either. This started fights because it seemed as though we never hungout and weren't intimate when we were around one another. I felt as though I was annoying her the entire time. She hits the beach for a weekend trip with friends, comes back and is distant and rude immediately. Doesn't want to see me, just decides to go out with friends again. Two days later we get into a huge fight because she has been treating me like this and she breaks up with me. She makes me feel as if it was all my fault. Fast forward a month, I'm not over it at all because she kept wanting to talk or stay the night with me or meet up, but now she's talking to someone new and hasn't spoken to me. She brings him to our work all of the time and it turns out she hooked up with him down the beach while we were still together. To wrap this up: what do I do? I feel ashamed and anxious, I keep comparing myself to this guy, and I'm really debating quitting my job. Ignoring it isn't helping. I can't sleep, I'm so stressed. I feel like an idiot because of the timing of it all. I don't know. I'm sorry this is a rant.

Sorry to hear this but it sounds like she is only into fwb, hookups or friendzoning you. She seems to get around a lot so maybe she isn't gf material.

Stop hanging out with her. At work be cool, polite professional, that's it. Ignore them.

I'm not over it at all because she kept wanting to talk or stay the night with me or meet up, but now she's talking to someone new and hasn't spoken to me. She brings him to our work all of the time and it turns out she hooked up with him down the beach while we were still together.

I personally would quit the job and work elsewhere. There has got to be tons of restaurants and bars that you could be working at. Leaving this job will be good, not only will you get away from her but you could potentially meet someone else once you are in a new situation.

Archived