Should I move cities?

Lotusavx

I am 22 years old, female. Just graduated college and feel like there is more potential for a job in a bigger city I want to move to. The last few years my life seems to be in a rut.. I had a bad relationship, lost touch with friends, didn't really make any lasting friendships in college. I feel like there is nothing for me left in this city. I want a change..but my biggest fear is that it happens and I am lonely and have just as many problems as I have here. I don't want to move too far. Just thinking about it scares me a little bit, but I think that is a good thing. I feel like if I never try and I never move cities, I will never know what I could have missed out on. Then I feel like it might be a huge mistake. But it also might not. Should I just take the risk and do it?

The best way to go about it is lining up a job and then a place there. Once moved, you join a lot of organisations, clubs groups, volunteer, etc to get a social life started up. Don't run away, run toward. Follow your dreams. For fun, put that postal code in a dating app.

A new start is exciting and may advance your career and help you broaden your horizons. Many people want to do this after college especially if they feel they are tired of living with a parent or in a one horse town. Go for it, but be practical as far as jobs, expenses and lining up housing, etc..

Just graduated college and feel like there is more potential for a job in a bigger city I want to move to. The last few years my life seems to be in a rut.

I did this a couple years ago to the city I am currently in. I was looking for a better job and the city I wanted to move to have much better opportunity overall for everything. I found a job here and decided to make the move. Career-wise it was the best thing I could have ever done. The opportunities here just werent available in my old city. Socially it was also the best thing I could have done. I still dont have friends in the new city I am at (that is 100% my doing), but I still think my new city is way better. I done some crazy stuff in this new city that I could have never done before. Much like you, the new city isnt that far away (2 hours), so the friends I did have still talk to me about major events in state and sometimes I do go back to visit.

Archived