I am tempted break my no-video-game policy

Hi users, I have recently been tempted by my old game Fallout 4. I used to have many games and Fallout 4 was one of them. I am contemplating if I should get it again or not. I have been game free for about 3 months. Personally what makes Fallout 4 so tempting to me is because of the art style, the ability to play in an era that was long gone. I don't know a way to mitigate that desire to experience that type of era and style.

I found myself addicted to video games about 15 years ago. I was staying up late every night, and it was starting to affect my performance at work. I realized that if I invested as much time studying as I did playing video games, I could earn a college degree. So that's what I did, and I haven't played a video game since. I don't regret it at all.

If you were propperly addicted then I'd say to fight the urge for some time now. Mental addiction takes time to get over to,and is riddled with moments of weakness. If gaming impaired your results in "real life" then make this break untill you dont have any strong urge left. It'd be bad to throw away 3 months now and go back to your old ways.

Hi users, I have recently been tempted by my old game Fallout 4. I used to have many games and Fallout 4 was one of them. I am contemplating if I should get it again or not. I have been game free for about 3 months. Personally what makes Fallout 4 so tempting to me is because of the art style, the ability to play in an era that was long gone. I don't know a way to mitigate that desire to experience that type of era and style.

OP, I am also a gamer here and a HUGEEE fallout fan. And I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I'm 27 now and I've been playing video games pretty much all my life, and it's definitely escalated with broadband internet, MMO's, and all the other things of the 21st century. It has definitely interfered with work/college in the past. My social life struggles and sometimes I think it's because I spend too much time in the digital world.

This is a tough one to answer, and video games can definitely be classified as an "addiction". My advice; ask yourself if how "addicted" you were to video games in the past. Has it gotten out of hand or interfered with parts of your life? If so, maybe it's best you stay away from the video games fo good. However, if you feel you can play in moderation, than by all means, do that. Set limits for yourself. Maybe tell yourself I'm only allowed to play video games on Saturday, and for a max of 3 hours. That parental controls on the games/comps/systems, use them but against yourself to make the systems shut off/moderate your playing. They're not just for kids.

I agree with the others; if you're an adult, you should learn to control your life/set limits on things. Video games is one of them. Some days I feel like totally ditching them, but I don't think I ever will. I have the best computer, fancy keyboards, mouses, I'm a finally tuned "pro" gamer lol. I would lose my touch if I quit playing, and I think I would regret NOT playing ever again. But I have to limit myself.

Archived