what do i do with my exes stuff?

Ery1988

so my ex left me.... and we've always had an on off relationship so im hoping he will come back.

however...what if he doesn't?

I have some of his belongings? what do I do with these?

is it strange that he hasn't mentioned anything about returning my things?

The wrong thing to do would be to hang onto his stuff in the hopes that he'll come back. Worse would be to hang onto his stuff and it being a constant reminder of him.

Here is what I did to get that person out of my thoughts and life and move on:

1. Box up everything.

2. Notify them that I'm setting their things in front of the garage for them to pickup, giving them a certain amount of time.

3. When that time has passed and if there are things left

a. Box up tight any sentimental things and store far away with a "Do not open til doomsday" label.

b. Donate things that could be of use to someone and trash the rest.

As far as your things are concerned, you'll need to decide if they're worth it. I personally didn't.

Well, I despise being controlled or manipulated and that's why I don't care about "stuff".

When you notify him that is stuff is available then tell him you don't care about your things and don't want them back so it's done and there's no reason to contact you.

Pack his stuff up in a box and if you want your things, arrange a mutually convenient time to get them. That's your job, not his since it's your stuff.

No, leaving stuff behind doesn't indicate getting back together.

It just holds you back not collecting your stuff or getting his stuff out of your place. It is important stuff or just this and that? If you don't want your stuff, then who cares? If he's not collecting his stuff then who cares?

im hoping he will come back. I have some of his belongings? what do I do with these? is it strange that he hasn't mentioned anything about returning my things?
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived