What should I do

Goldenreflect

My girl agreed to marry a guy that the dad introduced to her and made sure she no other guy came close to her and it was easy doing cause she loves been indoors.. the guy travelled and he stopped communicating with my girl but he kept reaching out to her father once in awhile, so she felt the guy wasn't interested anymore and after we met, we kicked it off... everything has been amazing till the dad reminded her the boy is coming back soon and he will like to get married, she cried and met me, I comforted her and told her to do what she wants and she said it's me and I told her I will never stop loving her.. immediately she went and broke up with the guy officially.. our love kept growing strong till I travelled and we communicated every single day then I reminded her I was still coming to marry her very soon that distance didn't change my plans. I planned giving her a surprise engagement the next year and kick of our marriage plan but only for me to hear the boy is back and the dad is insisting that it must be the guy, that she gave her word and the boy's family knows already bout the marriage... my girl's mum knows me and loves me but her dad doesn't wanna know anything bout me... she's been begging for them to let her marry me but the dad kept refusing that he has already given his word to the other family, that it would be a disgrace to go against it... my girl is scared cos when her dad says no he doesn't go back, she said she's so scared of letting the best man that she has ever met cos she knows her strong willed her dad could be and she said he's ready to refuse me if she refuse that guy... I'm scared too cos I don't wanna loose her...

Her dad will make his daughter miserable just to save face in front of some other family?? So he doesn't care that he looks like a total jerk to his actual family as long as this other family thinks highly of him?? Wow.

You know she doesn't have to do what he says. I understand there are cultural differences but she doesn't have to do everything her dad says. I don't care where I live I would never compromise my entire life of happiness to make my father happy. He'll get over it.

She's scared of letting go of the best man she has met and I'm scared letting go of a queen... I wanna marry her this year cos this the year I planned her surprise engagement... but her dad wants the other guy but the other guy knows that her heart is another place but he keeps listening to her dad, her dad keep telling the other guy that he is definitely getting married to her even when she's not showing any feelings towards him #i trust her a lot, there haven't been any reason to doubt her for once since we started dating#... she even said her dad almost had an issue with her mum who supported me... this issue is eating both of us up and she's so scared of the future, she's so scared of letting me go and I'm so scared of letting her go but her dad seems like he won't give in...

Yea that's true but not every girl got such strength to go against their dad's wish for so long... some girls will run away from the house till their dad accepts but not every girl can do that... she's begging for some months now and I don't know how long she can hold up cos she said if she forcefully mess up things, her father will never accept me that all she can do is to keep begging but I don't know how long she can keep it up; that's scares her and it scares me too

These arranged marriages are such a tragedy. What repercussions does she face if she doesn't marry who her parents choose for her? Are they in a hurry to marry her off for the money and savings? How old is she?

It got nothing to do for money... her parents are comfortable and yes her dad wants her to marry this year or at most next year and the boy wants to marry this year and so am I... she's in her middle twenties

Archived